Thread: Can probationers & Parolees live together under the same house?

Exclamation Can probationers & Parolees live together under the same house?

Hello, my name is Amber and I live in Madera, CA. and I have been on Probation for almost 4 years ( I only have 1 year left ). and now I seem to have gotten a problem that I can not seem to find the answer anywhere I look. My problem is: I live at my house with my husband and 3 kids and my husband's cousin just got out of prison over the holidays and he is now on parole. My husband said that it was okay for him to stay at our house, now without asking my P.O. straight out but is there a law somewhere that says that probationers and parolees can not live in the same house or something?
    :
    The whole idea is that I don't want him staying at my house. That is the entire reason why I am saying this because I really don't want to contact my P.O. because I haven't seen my P.O. because I have been good for so long they have put me on bank probation but it is still felony probation and she/he has not been out to my house since I moved here over 2 years ago, and by me asking if he could be here I didn't want to but myself in any way of violating any of these great laws we have to obey. If you understand what I am saying!?!
    Last edited by adw95; 01-22-2007 at 05:06 PM.

This is very simple.

Get the permission of your probation/parole officer.

Quote Originally Posted by adw95 View Post
    Hello, my name is Amber and I live in Madera, CA. and I have been on Probation for almost 4 years ( I only have 1 year left ). and now I seem to have gotten a problem that I can not seem to find the answer anywhere I look. My problem is: I live at my house with my husband and 3 kids and my husband's cousin just got out of prison over the holidays and he is now on parole. My husband said that it was okay for him to stay at our house, now without asking my P.O. straight out but is there a law somewhere that says that probationers and parolees can not live in the same house or something?
    :
    The whole idea is that I don't want him staying at my house. That is the entire reason why I am saying this because I really don't want to contact my P.O. because I haven't seen my P.O. because I have been good for so long they have put me on bank probation but it is still felony probation and she/he has not been out to my house since I moved here over 2 years ago, and by me asking if he could be here I didn't want to but myself in any way of violating any of these great laws we have to obey. If you understand what I am saying!?!

The answer is NO they wont allow you to do that.

Super Moderator

minniemouse1, please do not reply to old threads - this thread is from 2007. The
    original posters starting old threads should have resolved their "problems" by now.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.