Thread: my 11 year old daughter does not want to spend every other weekend with her father New York

Default my 11 year old daughter does not want to spend every other weekend with her father New York

my 11 year old does not want to spend every other weekend with her dad. we have joint custody, but he lives out of state, and takes her and my younger daughter to his apt with his girlfriend, refusing to allow them to go to any events, parties, soccer games, or participate in school activities, etc.... my older daughter especially is anxious, and unhappy. what can i do? do i force her to go? can she say no. my x keeps saying that i am interfering with his visitation each time i tell him that she has something like a good friends party, school function etc... he wont take them to anything. i am heat siclk.. please help..my daughter is becoming very anxious and feels bullied by her dad.
    Last edited by bethallison; 10-20-2006 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spelling

Until the custody order is modified, you (and she) must abide by the court order. She does not have the right to say no.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Default correction

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof4 View Post
    Until the custody order is modified, you (and she) must abide by the court order. She does not have the right to say no.
    untill she is 18, she does not have the right to say no. YOU can be held in contempt if she refuses, and be fined, jailed, or lose custody. and dad does not have to take her to her activities on his time. and you cant force him to.

Well is it fair to schedule events when they are with their dad? When does he get the time for what he has planned with them? Is he just a sitter or a father? Maybe the kids should know that they have things planned with their dad before you make the commitments. I dont see a reason for the dad to be running around making sure they make their play dates or parties. In 20 years from now they wont remember those dates but they will remember that dad didnt take them to the events you planned. This is making him bad isnt it? Leave his weekends free for him to do things with them.
    Just my $.02

Default Typical

F__CK,. she posted in October, and never came back, guess she knew the answer all along.
    Last edited by rcpilot; 01-14-2007 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcpilot View Post
    F__CK,. she posted in October, and never came back, guess she knew the answer all along.
    Knock it off. From here on out, any posts that are blatantly antagonizing and/or profane will be reported.

That said, it was an old post, there was just a nicer way to say it.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Im sorry about replying to older posts! I didnt realize I would get beaten and trown into a corner. Ill keep my thoughts to myself on here.