Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A false temporary order of protection was put on me by my soon to be ex Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland

Default A false temporary order of protection was put on me by my soon to be ex Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland

I need some advice. Is there anyway I can get a temporary order of protection expunged from my record? This is effecting my ability to get employment. I recently have been applying at police departments for employment. I went to a shooting range with a friend who is a current police officer. I applied at the same police department that My friend works at, he was very excited and took me to the shooting range to get prepared for the academy. I made the huge mistake of saving one of the paper targets and giving it to my daughter, who took it home and showed it to my soon to be ex. She interpreted it as a threat. She had a temporary order of protection put on me. A month later we had a hearing where I had my witnesses and the judge had it dismissed, but it will always be on my record.

Is there anyway I can get this completely expunged from my record? My attorney acts clueless about the matter.

It just amazes me how my soon to be ex has gotten away with making all sorts of false accusations on the order of protection about my character and can get away with it.

No.

Your ex will use that in family court against you too. She will always be able to use that against you. She could beat the crap out of your daughter and she will still retain custody because she had the temporary restraining order against you in the past.

One question, is she on welfare because they are the ones that get away with everything with no reprocusions.

Lewifenj, that's a very discriminatory and nasty thing to say. Just because someone may need financial assistance, that does NOT mean that that person is a low life. Contrary to your statement, the jails are filled with people that are financially and educationally challenged. After all, if a person doesn't have access to financial resources, how will they pay for their defense?

In the future, please be more cognizant of what you are saying.
    Last edited by mommyof4; 11-17-2006 at 07:11 AM.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Quote Originally Posted by mommyof4 View Post
    Lewifenj, that's a very discriminatory and nasty thing to say. Just because someone may need financial assistance, that does NOT mean that that person is a low life. Contrary to your statement, the jails are filled with people that are financially and educationally challenged. After all, if a person doesn't have access to financial resources, how will they pay for their defense?

In the future, please be more cognizant of what you are saying.
    It makes me mad when females falsely accuse males of domestic violence and vice versa. Most of the cases where I live, the female is on welfare. I was told by more than one recipient that they were encouraged by a case worker(who has since been fired) that the women should file for a restraining order so they can keep thier benefits and not fear losing custody of their children. In Social Services and Child Services eyes, a restraining order makes you a bad parent even if you never did a thing to the other party for the rest of your life. They are too easily obtainable and if you are on the receiving end of one, a vindictive person can destroy you for no reason(ie. not getting their way). It is a power trip for some women.

Yes, there are women and men who need them for protection, I am talking about the ones who use them selfishly for their own benefit.

But being a selfish, scheming, lying, vindictive person has nothing to do with finances.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    (unique up on him)
    (same way)

The case worker encouraged these women to get restraining orders for no reason so they would retain custody of the kids.

Money has nothing to do with it.

I was pointing out the fact that a case worker encouraged women to get restraining orders.

Quote Originally Posted by lewifenj View Post
    No.

Your ex will use that in family court against you too. She will always be able to use that against you. She could beat the crap out of your daughter and she will still retain custody because she had the temporary restraining order against you in the past.

One question, is she on welfare because they are the ones that get away with everything with no reprocusions.
    Nope, that's what you said.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    (unique up on him)
    (same way)

So, the instances that I was refering to involved welfare recipients who were encouraged to LIE in order to obtain them and once the case worker was fired, nothing criminally happened to the plaintiff's(which all happened to be female) who LIED. If it were a man, he would have been in jail for perjury.

If you are going to continue with this argument, you need to post cases (more than one, btw) that backs up your claims. And the cases need to be the same EXCEPT for the gender of the complaintant. AND you need to show that all restraining orders issued are issued to those recieving state assistance.

I am not saying that some do not abuse the system and manipulate the laws to screw others over. I am saying that it is unfair and wrong to categorically state that those (most notably women) on welfare are the ones that do this and get away with it.
    Last edited by mommyof4; 11-17-2006 at 08:36 AM.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    (unique up on him)
    (same way)

If Domestic Violence Documents were public record, I would post.

I know several of the women who were encouraged to file but did not because they were afraid of the reprocussions(perjury).

The people who did file for the restraining orders and got them.

After a while there was an investigation as to why there were so many restraining orders being requested by the case workers clients.

Most of the restraing orders were dismissed, for those who did not violate the orders, but they state that another order of protection can be issued in the case in the future if need be.

I was told by one of the men that this is still on his record. He was one of the ones who did not violate. He was applying for a law enforcement position, he would not carry a gun for the position, and was denied because of the dismissed restraining order in his background. The application did not ask if you had ever had a restraining order. It asked if you had been convicted of a crime. An order of protection/restraining order is only a crime if you violate.

He passed all of the tests, psychological, physical, written, and was denied because of false accusations.

There are non-custodial parents who never see their children because of false accusations. Male and female.

I think that the laws should be stronger for those who falsely apply for a restraining order. This slap on the wrist,if they even get that, is unfair.

Default Ooohh Hell No, No He Did Not!!!!

Lew, you sound like a man who got seriously burnt. You are entitled to your opinions but please, for the sake of fairness, refrain from the all or nothing statements about welfare mothers.

Just to illustrate my point, all men with your temperament have a very small "member" and typically are abusers. This probably did not sit well with you I am sure. Just as your comments (which seem to be based on personal experience as you "seem" to know just a bit too much) are unfair to the majority of persons receiving welfare.

I have been on welfare mother as a single mother. Tough, humiliating, and something I would never wish on anyone. But it is there to try to ensure that when a man (or woman in some cases) does not do his duty, children do not suffer.

I am now a college educated (which I paid for while working full time while going to school full time, and raised three children WITHOUT CHILD SUPPORT because their father was too sorry to work on a regular basis and would quit when the CS agency would get a withholding order in place) professional with an excellent perspective on what it feels like to depend on the government to help you provide for your children.

You sir, are pathetic.
    Last edited by Ohio "Step" Mom; 11-17-2006 at 08:48 AM.
    Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

I know several of the women who were encouraged to file but did not because they were afraid of the reprocussions(perjury).

The people who did file for the restraining orders and got them.

After a while there was an investigation as to why there were so many restraining orders being requested by the case workers clients.

Most of the restraing orders were dismissed, for those who did not violate the orders, but they state that another order of protection can be issued in the case in the future if need be.

I was told by one of the men that this is still on his record. He was one of the ones who did not violate. He was applying for a law enforcement position, he would not carry a gun for the position, and was denied because of the dismissed restraining order in his background. The application did not ask if you had ever had a restraining order. It asked if you had been convicted of a crime. An order of protection/restraining order is only a crime if you violate.

He passed all of the tests, psychological, physical, written, and was denied because of false accusations.

There are non-custodial parents who never see their children because of false accusations. Male and female.

I think that the laws should be stronger for those who falsely apply for a restraining order. This slap on the wrist,if they even get that, is unfair.
    Okay, now I have to ask. If the women on welfare can get a restraining order on false allegations and are, in fact, encouraged to do so by their caseworker and face no reprecussions...why did several women, as you state, refrain from filing for fear of reprecussions?

The fact remains that women on welfare are no worse than any other segment of the population. You have losers in every walk of life.

Ohio, if I remember correctly, Lewife is a single mother whose ex and his mother were drug abusers. The ex's mother has been causing problems. (which makes your example of a gereralization hillarious and more to the point).

Lewife, how is everything with your situation going?
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    (unique up on him)
    (same way)

Default On the flip-side

I volunteer to help women of abuse and have sat in many a court room where they were unable to get the proper protection because the court has seen too many false acusations. When people are in the middle of custody/divorce proceedings, a lot of the abuse goes ignored by the courts because it is seen as a vendictive thing by the one acusing the other of abuse.

So, your issues hurt everyone on both sides and NOT everyone gets away with it and NOT everyone is protected because of it either.

Actually, they are public record.

Were you actually "told" this or did you read this in the other forum. (You know where the EXACT senario was presented.)

This is the ONLY thing that you have posted that I can agree with.
    Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Ohio, if I remember correctly, Lewife is a single mother whose ex and his mother were drug abusers. The ex's mother has been causing problems. (which makes your example of a gereralization hillarious and more to the point).
    LOL LOL LOL

So should I change it to all brunettes or women with small boobies are always frustrated because they never get any "attention" from men? (I am naturally a brunette but I highlight my hair to give men a false sense of intellectual superiority.)

See???? There you go again! I am a NATURAL blonde. (Yes, I know that I am a rare breed.) Hey, my sister is a red head...pick on her.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    (unique up on him)
    (same way)

See???? There you go again! I am a NATURAL blonde. (Yes, I know that I am a rare breed.) Hey, my sister is a red head...pick on her.
    OMG ROFLMAO!!!!!

Is she an alcoholic in prison because of anger management issues?
    Last edited by Ohio "Step" Mom; 11-17-2006 at 09:25 AM.

No, scarier. She is former military (programmed missiles, inspected the stealth bombers and was a paralegal on the list for Saddam's tribunals) and is now a victim's advocate in NM. Yeah, she'll kick butt with little or no provocation.

Yep, I always tell people that if a missile hits my house, immediately check out my sister. WHO let's a typical red head program MISSILES?????

Note to self: Must initiate a probe on the government's handling of the situation.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    (unique up on him)
    (same way)

[QUOTE=Ohio "Step" Mom;831494]Actually, they are public record.

Not where I live. You have to get a court order to get information about anyone here. Open Public Records Act my a$$ around here.

Were you actually "told" this or did you read this in the other forum. (You know where the EXACT senario was presented.)

Yes, because my husband told the individual to apply for the position at the County Correctional Facility. He did not know about the domestic issue.

The individuals who did not file the restraining orders were the ones who were only there for the temporary assistance. The one's brother, was one of the men who had a restraining order placed on him, I think, not for sure(she will not tell), that she was the one who told the case workers supervisor that she would go to court if it led to that. Of course instead of pressing charges against the case worker, they fired her.

They are all back on their feet, so to speak.

My son is a happy 11 year old. The grandmother straightened her act up because I did not let my son go to her house for a few months, plus her attorney friend told her that since she did not inform me about the drugs she could lose all contact.

He was nominated for the Student to Student Ambassador Program, I would have let him go but the trip was for 18 days to Australia and I do not know the people well enough for him to go. He leaves for Switzerland in February for a ski trip with my family and he is going to Italy in April for an "educational trip " with his grandmother and great-grandmother. It is a riverboat type cruise for 18 days. I have relatives stationed in Italy in case she tries something (that she does not know about).

Right now I am calculating the global wind patterns and the effects of any recent geological abnormality to determine if the winds of Texas will be crossing my specific region.

Does the aluminum foil method (made popular by alien abductees to prevent mind scanning) prevent radioactivity from entering the inner sanctum? (Or do I just start digging that bomb shelter? Are these bunker buster missiles or just the run of the mill nuclear type?)

Yes honey, get all the spam and the canned veggies.......no we don't need the fishing gear.....but grab the sleeping bags and the bottled water...........hey!!!!! you're spilling the port-a-potty.........now look what you've done.......do I have to do everything myself?.....Don't forget the extra wiring for the cable box......the OSU -vs-Michigan game is on this weekend!! NO YOU CAN'T INVITE YOUR FRIENDS........LOOK.....NOW YOU'VE SPILLED ALL OF IT.....GET IT TOGETHER NOW!!!!!
    Last edited by Ohio "Step" Mom; 11-17-2006 at 10:54 AM.

Mom......could you please throw up a handful of dust (or grass clippings) so I can gauge the wind direction and approximate speed? Just finished linking up to the space station for visual confirmation of your location. (could you please put some clothes on)

He was nominated for the Student to Student Ambassador Program, I would have let him go but the trip was for 18 days to Australia and I do not know the people well enough for him to go.
    Hey, too bad we didn't "meet" before now because my daughter WAS going to do this as well but I decided not to send her for the same reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio "Step" Mom View Post
    Mom......could you please throw up a handful of dust (or grass clippings) so I can gauge the wind direction and approximate speed? Just finished linking up to the space station for visual confirmation of your location. (could you please put some clothes on)
    You should be fine. Not even God will interupt the game this weekend. (On a side note...can I just tell you how wrong it is going to be tomorrow to have a bunch of nuts in MY house watching the game??? *sigh* Go Bucks)

And per your request, I put on some clothes. It is actually (finally) chilly here.

Oh, and if she worked on nukes, that explains the weird transformation that has come over her. She was actually being polite to our mother the other day.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    (unique up on him)
    (same way)

Game is a-go.................check
    No more nudidity............check
    Thermal winter in TX.......check
    Nukes are a-go..............check

Got it!

Note to self: order more port-a-potty chemicals

Quote Originally Posted by Ohio "Step" Mom View Post
    Right now I am calculating the global wind patterns and the effects of any recent geological abnormality to determine if the winds of Texas will be crossing my specific region.

Does the aluminum foil method (made popular by alien abductees to prevent mind scanning) prevent radioactivity from entering the inner sanctum? (Or do I just start digging that bomb shelter? Are these bunker buster missiles or just the run of the mill nuclear type?)

Yes honey, get all the spam and the canned veggies.......no we don't need the fishing gear.....but grab the sleeping bags and the bottled water...........hey!!!!! you're spilling the port-a-potty.........now look what you've done.......do I have to do everything myself?.....Don't forget the extra wiring for the cable box......the OSU -vs-Michigan game is on this weekend!! NO YOU CAN'T INVITE YOUR FRIENDS........LOOK.....NOW YOU'VE SPILLED ALL OF IT.....GET IT TOGETHER NOW!!!!!
    Thank you so much for a good laugh, I've had a stressful day and really needed something cheerful.

Default You should move to Hawaii...equal opportunity...to get screwed by TRO laws

So, the instances that I was refering to involved welfare recipients who were encouraged to LIE in order to obtain them and once the case worker was fired, nothing criminally happened to the plaintiff's(which all happened to be female) who LIED. If it were a man, he would have been in jail for perjury.
    I was strangled by my ex who got arrested for it. While I packed, he bailed out of jail and went straight to family court, lied, got a TRO, evicted me from home, ruined my life in a series of abuses of process.

He's a MAN. I was his victim. He revictimized me using the courts and a bad law. HE'S NOT ON WELFARE...HE MAKES OVER $10,000/MONTH!!!

" 'splain that one, Lucy." Men can be *****es too, you know. It's just not publicized as much. By the way, the ***** got me maliciously prosecuted for violating that perjurious TRO and I was wrongfully convicted. The prosecutor knew of the guy's perjury and abuse of process but ignored it. I tried and tried and TRIED to get them to prosecute for perjury, but they prosecuted me, even having proof that I was HIS victim, and let him go scott free.

What'd'ya think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by MyJusticeQuest View Post
    I was strangled by my ex who got arrested for it. While I packed, he bailed out of jail and went straight to family court, lied, got a TRO, evicted me from home, ruined my life in a series of abuses of process.

He's a MAN. I was his victim. He revictimized me using the courts and a bad law. HE'S NOT ON WELFARE...HE MAKES OVER $10,000/MONTH!!!

" 'splain that one, Lucy." Men can be *****es too, you know. It's just not publicized as much. By the way, the ***** got me maliciously prosecuted for violating that perjurious TRO and I was wrongfully convicted. The prosecutor knew of the guy's perjury and abuse of process but ignored it. I tried and tried and TRIED to get them to prosecute for perjury, but they prosecuted me, even having proof that I was HIS victim, and let him go scott free.

What'd'ya think of that?
    I think you should stop finding any old thread even marginally resembling your case so that you can jump again upon your soapbox.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

You're entitled to your opinion. And, I think, thanks for thinking my own soapbox is worth standing upon.

Aloha!

Quote Originally Posted by MyJusticeQuest View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion. And, I think, thanks for thinking my own soapbox is worth standing upon.

Aloha!
    Therapy Anyone?

Default Merry Christmas to you, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mikswi View Post
    Therapy Anyone?
    I'm in therapy, thanks. It's not helping. I need justice to be served. That's all I want for Christmas. How about you? Maybe a bit of sugar to offset your sarcasm? If you can't or won't help me, leave me alone. I'm not hurting you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast