Thread: minor dating in ohio

Default minor dating in ohio

one of my best friends is 14, and will be 15 in 2 months. her boyfriend is going to be 18 this year. i was just wondering if they are legally allowed to date in ohio?

I believe the legal age of consent in Ohio is 16-years-old. Therefore, if he, as an 18-year-old, is sexually active with a 15-year-old girl, he may be violating the law.
    In Solidarity,

Wayne

www.waynemarshall.org

Dating is not illegal, but sexual activity may be. Click on link to find out
    http://www.ageofconsent.com/ohio.htm

Default Thankful

Thank God for websites like this. They are very needed. I have a friend that has been in this situation and this is very reasuring.

Thanks Again,
    God Bless,
    PrayerFromJohn

16 is the age of consent in the state of Ohio, but there are many factors that play into it. The law states that there must be an age separation of more than 4 years, to the day, for it to be a crime. And once someone is over the age of 16, the worst that can happen from completely consensual sex is a Misdemeanor in the First degree of Corruption of a Minor, which is punishable by up to 180 days in the county jail and up to a 1000 dollar fine.

So to answer the first post, although some time has passed, as long as she turns 14 before he turns 18 they would be alright, although if her parents really were against it she could get in trouble for whatever reason her parents want to conjure up

Quote Originally Posted by twall050 View Post
    16 is the age of consent in the state of Ohio, but there are many factors that play into it. The law states that there must be an age separation of more than 4 years, to the day, for it to be a crime. And once someone is over the age of 16, the worst that can happen from completely consensual sex is a Misdemeanor in the First degree of Corruption of a Minor, which is punishable by up to 180 days in the county jail and up to a 1000 dollar fine.

So to answer the first post, although some time has passed, as long as she turns 14 before he turns 18 they would be alright, although if her parents really were against it she could get in trouble for whatever reason her parents want to conjure up
    "SOME" time has passed? The minor in this question is now 18, thus a legal adult.

Please don't post to 4 year old threads.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Man......borrrredom hits us all at some point!
    Mommy of 4, I am astonished you dragged this thread up! Go fishing or something! Sheesh!
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!