Thread: Why should I have a lawyer? Connecticut

Q & A Researcher

Default Why should I have a lawyer? Connecticut

Lawyers are trained legal professionals who can explain the laws to you; help you evaluate your options; negotiate or mediate conflicts with other people; prepare letters, court forms or other legal documents for you; and represent you in court. Many lawyers offer a free (or minimal fee) initial consultation.

Default "Connecticut Lawyer" = Corruption

To the idea GET A LAWYER -- if you're in Connecticut, do it yourself! (Notice how there is not one answer in any of this state's fora.)

The term Connecticut lawyer should replace Philadelphia lawyer in the argot, as someone engaged in cupidity. The lawyers we retain refuse to do anything except take our money. This is law firm #3 -- the previous law firm hired by my father made the stunning announcement that the will he had gone in five-weeks previously to sign -- and had told me he had signed -- had never been signed. The law firm we hired after terminating that attorney bailed out on us when the inlaws/antagonists hired a lawyer who had worked on an illegal conversion of assets case (a charge they are open to) with the junior partner handling our case. This law firm, at a pretrial conference, agreed with the opposing lawyer NOT TO HAVE ANY DISCOVERY on the basis that since my father's estate was an open book, and my stepmother's estate was not (the inlaws had refused all requests for information on the financial management of my stepmother's estate while she was dying), it would be unfair to his clients to have discovery -- MOTION GRANTED.

Third law firm -- one of the lawyers went behind our backs and talked to the inlaws lawyer (the one who had executed my stepmother's will and had handled the case alone before the new lawyer came in). It was reported back to us that this lawyer had told THEIR lawyer that he couldn't understand why we were pursuing this, that there was no case.

This law firm urges us to settle for NOTHING.... And of course, the other side is offering nothing -- just what my father was to inherit from my stepmother's life insurance policy, letting them keep what they looted from the estate.

I had to bring in an out-of-state lawyer due to the systemic corruption in Connecticut, and so we need these fools so he can practice. And yet, this Connecticut lawyer continues to intefere, such as discouraging a handwriting expert we brought in (and who quit after being harassed by this same lawyer disrespecting us, and not even behind out backs.

So, let me qualify that -- do it yourself or get an out-of-state lawyer (he had worked on an earlier probate case, but had not experienced the b-s like this).

This is Connecticut -- the most corrupt probate system in America. It has the lawyers to go with it!

This is Connecticut -- the most corrupt probate system in America. It has the lawyers to go with it!

The statement above is so true. I have witnessed it to be so. I am still shocked. I am a law abiding citizen and have trusted our system. I am so disappointed. Meanwhile, there are people dying wrongful deaths as a consequence. It is horrible!!! May God helps us.

Super Moderator

If you have a legal question, please open a new thread, instead of adding on to a 7 year old thread.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.