The following legal public holidays for federal employees will be observed in calendar year 2006:
1. *New Yearís Day 2006 - January 2nd
2. Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. - 3rd Monday in January (January 16th)
3. Presidentís Day - 3rd Monday in February (February 20th)
4. Memorial Day - Last Monday in May (May 29th)
5. Independence Day - July 4th
6. Labor Day - 1st Monday in September (September 4th)
7. Columbus Day - 2nd Monday in October (October 9th)
8. **Veteranís Day - November 11th
9. Thanksgiving Day - 4th Thursday in November (November 23rd)
10. Christmas Day - December 25th
11. New Yearís Day 2007 - January 1st
*Due to 2006 New Yearís Day falling on a Sunday, OPM has designated the holiday to be observed by federal employees on Monday, January 2, 2006.
**Due to Veteranís Day falling on a Saturday, OPM has designated the holiday to be observed by federal employees on Friday, November 10, 2006.