Thread: illegal? legal? for a 14 year old girl to DATE a 18 year old boy in PA

Default illegal? legal? for a 14 year old girl to DATE a 18 year old boy in PA

I am a 14 year old girl going to be 15 later on this year. I am really interested in dating an 18 year old boy soon to be 19 around the same time i will be 15. There is only a 4 year difference. Is it illegal just for us to DATE? I know its illegal to have sexual intercourse, but can we kiss? If our parents allow is it okay for us to date? or will the law get them in trouble for allowing? I feel girls mature fast than guys. It is really hard for us girls to find a guy that "suits" us when all guys my age act like they are 4. Is it okay to have a 4 year difference for dating?

Quote Originally Posted by snuggless725
    I am a 14 year old girl going to be 15 later on this year. I am really interested in dating an 18 year old boy soon to be 19 around the same time i will be 15. There is only a 4 year difference. Is it illegal just for us to DATE? I know its illegal to have sexual intercourse, but can we kiss? If our parents allow is it okay for us to date? or will the law get them in trouble for allowing? I feel girls mature fast than guys. It is really hard for us girls to find a guy that "suits" us when all guys my age act like they are 4. Is it okay to have a 4 year difference for dating?
    The age of consent in PA is 16. There are no laws regulating dating, so if your parents give consent, yes, you can date him. However, sexual activity is NOT limited to "sex". It is any kind of physical contact that is intended to elicit sexual gratification. This can include holding hands, kissing, cuddling, petting, fondeling, oral sex, (you get the picture. You can look, but don't touch).
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

It is really hard for us girls to find a guy that "suits" us when all guys my age act like they are 4.
    heheheh- well put snuggless!!! I know what you mean!
    Do what your parents say and whatever mommyof4 tells you, you should believe/do.

yes, i know im younger than 18 and i "have" to listen to my parents, but what if i dont get consent with my parents and they dont know about it. Could he get in trouble with the law? I feel like i need to talk to my mom so nothing gets out of hand but i feel a little nervous about it. I dont think she will really care once she knows him, but im not sure and i dont want to take the chances. She knows i talk to him and we are friends.I dont know if she will like it if we would go out you know?.. so what could happen with him if we would just go out?.. and if we would adventually do stuff.. he would get in lots of trouble right? i dont like these laws they are dumb! they need to be changed i feel any age should go out its our choice! but there should be a limit if your under 18 there can only be 4 -5 years between you 2. and you should be able to have sexual intercourse ((** not saying i am**)) just saying. THe law is weird and i need advice .. thanks

you are totally right snuggless... these laws are so f***ed up.... how many people aren't going to hold hannds let alone kiss their b/f..... it should be legal for people to date and do more if there is a four year diff. between a minor and an adult... I say go ahead and snuggle which yo boy!!!!! hah

what if i dont get consent with my parents and they dont know about it. Could he get in trouble with the law?
    Anytime an adult and a minor are sneaking around to see each other, they’re playing with fire. Yes, it could cause many problems.

and if we would adventually do stuff.. he would get in lots of trouble right?
    If you're talking about sexual stuff (which as already stated is not limited to merely intercourse) then YES INDEED!

i dont like these laws they are dumb! they need to be changed i feel any age should go out its our choice! but there should be a limit if your under 18 there can only be 4 -5 years between you 2. and you should be able to have sexual intercourse ((** not saying i am**)) just saying.
    I imagine once you're an adult and have a 14-year-old daughter of your own, then your opinion will change greatly.

yes, i know im younger than 18 and i "have" to listen to my parents, but what if i dont get consent with my parents and they dont know about it. Could he get in trouble with the law? I feel like i need to talk to my mom so nothing gets out of hand but i feel a little nervous about it. I dont think she will really care once she knows him, but im not sure and i dont want to take the chances. She knows i talk to him and we are friends.I dont know if she will like it if we would go out you know?.. so what could happen with him if we would just go out?.. and if we would adventually do stuff.. he would get in lots of trouble right? i dont like these laws they are dumb! they need to be changed i feel any age should go out its our choice! but there should be a limit if your under 18 there can only be 4 -5 years between you 2. and you should be able to have sexual intercourse ((** not saying i am**)) just saying. THe law is weird and i need advice .. thanks
    Well, let's just imagine this for a minute. You decide that you NEED to be with this guy. Even though you don't tell your parents, you do tell your friends, who might tell their friend. Someone that does not particularly care for you, or your boyfriend. They tell their parent or a teacher, who tells YOUR parent. Your parents contact the police, the police arrest your boyfriend on statutory sexual assault charges, and he is now waiting in a cell, hoping to make bail because he is facing a felony 2.

In Pa, according to the PA criminal statutes (Tiltle 18, Chapter 31, subchapter B, 3122.1...just in case you need to read it for yourself) statutory sexual assault is committed when a person engages in sexual activity (notice it does not say sexual intercourse) with a person under the age of 16, and the perpetrator is 4 or more years older than the victim. This is a second degree felony.

If you are smart, you will NOT put him in this position. When you have a child that is 14 years old, then you can decide to let the child choose for herself. (Call me when that day comes). Until then, stay away from adult men.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

to start out im 14 just turned 14 in september and ive dated an 18, 19 year old and curently dating a 17 year old and I love him to death. My parents dont know but obiouosly if you are able to tell them its for the best if you think they wouldent care everything just works out easyer insted of sneeking around. But I do have to tell you if he is 18 chances are he is sexualy active you dont know who hes had sex with, just ask him and make sure your okay with everything you too do although its illegal, it still happends. I do think im more mature then girls my age and all my friends think im a **** for going out with an older guy and it doesent make sence, just think about what your doing before you say yes and dont be easy.

hope this hellped,
    Jessicxxa.

FlyinHawk

Please watch the dates before posting this one is a few months old.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyinHawk View Post
    Please watch the dates before posting this one is a few months old.
    Yep, about 29 months old.

Super Moderator

and this thread is nearly three years old and the poster is by now 17. Please check dates before you post.