This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I start ?! Nevada

Dad died had reverse mortgage left will and money for kids, named kids as beneficiaries, will states that bills are not to be paid from kids money, we don't know where to start help

Was the will submitted for probate? Who is the executor of the will? If necessary, you can always get a lawyer's help.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

The law stipulates the order in which money is paid out of the estate. Specific bequests to heirs come last, after bills have been paid, so it may not be possible to not pay the bills of the kids' shares unless the kids' shares are in vehicles that would pass outside the probate process. I agree that you need to consult an attorney.
      I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

Yep - those creditors are going to want any money they are entitled to.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X