This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will/Living Trust - Withheld Ohio

Our mother passed away in October, 2006. My middle sister is the Administrator of her estate and I am the alternate administrator. It has now been 6 months since my mother passes and my sister refuses to give us a copy of the Will ( I believe that it is a living trust). I had an opportunity to see the will briefly about 5 months ago, but I would like a copy. My sister who is the administrator refuses to talk about the Will or the contents of the will. She is moving forward with all kinds of transactions concerning my mothers estate and is telling none of us anything. What can I do?

Has the will been submitted for probate? (Has probate of the estate been opened) Once it has been submitted for probate, the will is public knowledge & you can obtain a copy from the court clerk. However; if it was a living trust, it may have escaped probate. If you believe you are a bene in the trust, you may want to contact an attorney to protect your interests.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Thank You Betty for Responding - A Living Trust I Believe

Thank you Betty for responding. I believe that it is a living trust. I want to know if I am out of line or doing something wrong by requesting a copy of my Mom's will. I am the alternate administrator but my sister refuses to give us a copy of will. I don't think that I have a choice in the matter if I want a copy. Further, she suggested forging my nephews name on a policy and not letting the neephew now that the policy exists. The policy is actually an insurance policy that our mother kept on our nephew because he is a very unresponsible person. My mother told us to turn the policy over to him and allow him to keep up the premium or cash it in if he wanted. While I agree that my nephew should keep the policy up, I don't think that we should forge his name and not let him know about the policy. It is his option and my mother's wish. She is doing a few other things that tells us she is going to manipulate the terms of my mother's will to be vindictive. She may not be doing anything wrong but keeping the Will from us for 6 months leads us to request that she be removed as Administrator. What are our chances based upon the information presented here?

Comment

Your only option is to see your mothers lawyer, and ask for information. (this might cost you $200) What your sister is doing will get you in trouble.

Comment

Definitely get an attorney. Forging a name on an ins. policy is fraud. There are also other matters of concern.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
          X