This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old NJ Tickets New Jersey

I live in NJ (now) and back about 11 years ago I was pulled over by a state trooper in NJ. My insurance was expired, I apparently was speeding and I got a ticket for that as well as not wearing a seatbelt (which I was). Anyhow, the trooper did not impound my car, and let me get it towed home. However he had me pulled over for 45 minutes, threated to have drug dogs come out to my car (I am white and my passenger was black). He asked if the passenger was my boyfriend and if i was on drugs. I have never done drugs, the passenger was a friend that I was taking to Fort Dix and I did look a bit rough as I had just been assulted by my boyfriend at the time the night before. I explained all of this to the trooper. Anyhow, I went to court- no lawyer with me, and decided that I wanted to have one. I have traffic warrants now- apparently- I never went back- I was to scared what would happen. Then I gave a car to my landlord. She and I had a big falling out and she had the car towed and stated I left it there. Apparently I have an abandon car ticket as well in Pennsauken. Now today, I was driving and got pulled over for not stoppoing at a red light, which I was already over the white line, but i was very sick- almost vommited in the van. The cop pulled me over- he saw me vommiting and told me that he would send the summons in the mail. I still have a PA license, I have two little boys and think that I will be going to jail, lose my job and have huge-huge amounts of money to pay that I can't afford. What can I do besides stick my head between my legs and kiss my butt goodbye? Actucally I want to know what is the worst that can happen?
    Last edited by wishingforthebest; 11-10-2007, 10:20 AM.

Q: What can I do besides stick my head bteen my legs and kiss my butt goodbye?

A: Hire a lawyer. Yesterday.
    “Be not niggardly of what costs thee nothing, as courtesy, counsel, & countenance.”

--Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Recommendation for a good attorney in Camden County?

Comment

Call the New Jersey state bar, use a telephone book, ask around, etc. etc.
        “Be not niggardly of what costs thee nothing, as courtesy, counsel, & countenance.”

--Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thanks

I was going to contact an attorney on Monday- I know how to use a phone book- thanks

Comment

Originally posted by wishingforthebest View Post
            I was going to contact an attorney on Monday- I know how to use a phone book- thanks

I know people who do not know how to use phone books...just covering all my bases!

--Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I have traffic warrants now- apparently- I never went back-
              You say that like you just discovered this. You were there, you dont know if you went back?

Apparently I have an abandon car ticket as well in Pennsauken.
              Again, you dont know? You didnt get any paperwork in the mail?

The cop pulled me over- he saw me vommiting and told me that he would send the summons in the mail.
              Chances are high that if you do in fact have warrants, the officer would have taken you in.

Actucally I want to know what is the worst that can happen?
              Well, we stopped beheading people in the mid 1800's so your safe there. I cant say when the last hanging was and I cant think of a single state that uses the electric chair on folks for traffic violations.

Beg/borrow (dont steal) whatever $$ you can and get the best atty you can afford. This is beyond a "fix it yourself". I also cant think of a single court that doesnt frown on FTA's. (failure to appear) so I would keep that in mind if you given another court date.
              This will pass. Life's got bigger disapointments waiting for you.

Comment

Working...
              X