This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about SR2 insurance? Utah

So i have it for the next 3 years. I live in an area where i dont need a vehicle, can i pay for sr2 insurance without a car? and not drive? what if my wife get the insurance where her car is covered no matter who drives it, would that work? basically im looking at what would be the cheapest way for me to get through the next 3 years....any ideas?

I am assuming you mean SR22.

Anyway, ask your insurance agent your questions.
    “Be not niggardly of what costs thee nothing, as courtesy, counsel, & countenance.”

--Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by TheSiege View Post
      So i have it for the next 3 years. I live in an area where i dont need a vehicle, can i pay for sr2 insurance without a car? and not drive? what if my wife get the insurance where her car is covered no matter who drives it, would that work? basically im looking at what would be the cheapest way for me to get through the next 3 years....any ideas?
      If neither of you has a vehicle, then you can purchase a non-owners SR22 policy. If your wife has a vehicle, then you will NEED to be listed as a driver (regardless of your license status). Inform the insurance company that you need an SR22. You CANNOT do what you suggested above - your wife has a vehicle, has her own insurance (without you listed), but expect to be covered by her policy - because you are not.

When people talk about their vehicle being covered regardless of who drives it the people who are covered, but not listed on the policy cannot be married to the driver, a relative of the driver, live in the same household as the driver, or drive the vehicle regularly.
      Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

ok so i cannot get non-owners SR22? we have seperate insurance right now as it is?

Comment

Originally posted by TheSiege View Post
          ok so i cannot get non-owners SR22? we have seperate insurance right now as it is?
          It depends on the company. One of the criteria for a non-owners is that you don't have regular access to a vehicle, which you do - your wife's vehicle.

It is likely less expensive to be added to her policy than to purchase your own.

But, if you have insurance already, just ask if that company offers an SR22.
          Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

ok, i just want to make sure, i dont need a car and i dont plan on driving one for a very long time, so i am weighing all my options so that i dont pay for something i dont need

Comment

Working...
            X