This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got a ticken in NH, live in VT Vermont

I live in Vermont and have a Junior Operators License. I got a ticket in New Hampshire and received a letter a couple months after my court date saying that I got 3 demerit points for going 6-10 mph over. In my state under 10 over is only 2 demerit points. So how many points will I get, 3 form the state I got the ticket in or 2 from the state I have my license in? This is very important because in VT if you have your Junior Operators License and get a 3 point ticket then you get your license suspended for 3 months.

Originally posted by kylep6190 View Post
    I live in Vermont and have a Junior Operators License. I got a ticket in New Hampshire and received a letter a couple months after my court date saying that I got 3 demerit points for going 6-10 mph over. In my state under 10 over is only 2 demerit points. So how many points will I get, 3 form the state I got the ticket in or 2 from the state I have my license in? This is very important because in VT if you have your Junior Operators License and get a 3 point ticket then you get your license suspended for 3 months.
    Contact the DMV and ask them.
    Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

2 points. You have Vermont driving license and the demerit points are assigned to you by the Vermont DMV. Therefore, you get the Vermont number of points. If it weren't that way, should you tailgate in Utah, you'd get 60 points. Using Vermont laws, you get 3 points.

Comment

Working...
      X