This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Carolina Minor Speeding Ticket

I was recently issued a speeding ticket for going 46 in a 35 MPH Zone. The fella that issued me the ticket called it a citation, he also spoke about appearing in court to decrease the amount etc.

I have a question, according to

Originally posted by http://www.speedingticketcentral.com/North-Carolina-speeding-ticket.html
    Prayer For Judgement Each household may receive one Prayer for Judgment Continued (PFJ) every three years without it counting as a conviction. If you have a minor North Carolina speeding ticket, you do not need a North Carolina attorney. Call the court and find out how to contact the ADA handling your case. Go by and talk to him about a reduction to a 9mph over ticket or a PFJ. A 9mph speeding ticket will not raise your rates if you have a clean record. This may be a better option and save your PFJ for a more serious North Carolina speeding ticket. A Prayer for Judgment is normally only available if you have a North Carolina drivers license.
    I can get my petty speeding ticket reduced to only 9mph over the speed limit. According to this, also, this will not raise my insurance rates (I have a clean record) Plus it also speaks that I can save my PFJ incase of another, more serious, speeding ticket.

Can any one give me any advice, or tell me what to do. If possible, I would like to not have the rates increase, and not have to pay for an attorney... any help would be appreciated..

Thanks,, (oh yeah, I'm still a minor)
    Jeff

Originally posted by Officer Mitchell
    Ask the prosecutor when you go to court. In our traffic court, they'll do a lot to get the calendar clear. Now our juvenile court is a different matter. It can't hurt to ask.
    Sorry if I am misunderstanding you but..

from what I can tell you're saying when I go to court.. the date sch. for it.. ask the prosecutor?

I was thrown off by the calendar clearing, if I am present the day of the court then it's not doing much of a clearing their caldendar?

thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Arch Enemy
      Sorry if I am misunderstanding you but..

from what I can tell you're saying when I go to court.. the date sch. for it.. ask the prosecutor?

I was thrown off by the calendar clearing, if I am present the day of the court then it's not doing much of a clearing their caldendar?

thanks
      When you say you are "still a minor," exactly how old are you? Here's the deal...in North Carolina, you are no longer a juvenile once you are 16 and are under the jurisdiction of adult courts. But, North Carolina considers traffic violations "civil" so I'm not sure if that necessarily matters.

Comment

Originally posted by confused232
        When you say you are "still a minor," exactly how old are you? Here's the deal...in North Carolina, you are no longer a juvenile once you are 16 and are under the jurisdiction of adult courts. But, North Carolina considers traffic violations "civil" so I'm not sure if that necessarily matters.

I am 17 years old.

Comment

I live in North Carolina, and I received a speeding ticket a few months back. I was charged with 54 in a 35 & no seatbelt. I went to court and the prosecutor auto matically told me that I could reduce the charge to 44 in a 35 and drop the seatbelt charge. All I had to do was pay more . Made a $150 ticket $200.
          Was worth it.
          If your prosecutor doesn't offer, then just ask about reducing charges. As you are under 18 then you may have to go to a class (not sure about this though).

Comment

Originally posted by confused232
            According to NC juvenile code, a juvenile is any person under the age of 18 that has not been legally emancipated by marriage, military service or judicial decree. The juvenile code was changed in 1969 so that 16 and 17 year old juveniles were under the jurisdiction of the juvenile court. Depending on the crime, the JC can decide to prosecute the minor as an adult, but it is not automatic.
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
            (unique up on him)
            How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
            (same way)

Comment

Okay. Thanks to all

I'm just trying my best to make sure I don't get nailed with the two insurance points.

Comment

What county are you in? I can give you a lot of advice on this issue.

Comment

Working...
                X