Tow Company billing for storage after title signed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow Company billing for storage after title signed

I had a vehicle towed for expired tags in November and signed the title over to the tow company the same day. I also paid them $120 for the tow fees incurred. The vehicle just wasn't worth the price to get it out of hock on day 1. Today, two months later, I received a letter of lien sale from the tow company demanding another $660 in storage fees on a vehicle they have title to. The title was from out of state, so I didn't send in the slip to the CA DMV informing them of the ownership transfer. It appears I am still the last registered owner of the vehicle in California, even though it has been legally non-opped. Any suggestions on what I should do now?

I think it's a good idea to contact the appropriate state DMV and request a title search on the vehicle in question. That should verify if it is or is not yours.
    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Working...
    X