This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Didn't get listed a the lienholder South Carolina

My husband made a deal with "a buddy" to sell him our Ford Explorer. His "buddy" picked the vehicle up, but did not take the title because he had not paid for the vehicle. Two days later, a Highway Patrol officer called our house to verify that this guy had permission to be in possession of the vehicle - he had been driving it with no tags, no registration, no title, no insurance . . . The officer told me to let my husband know that as long as the vehicle was in his name that he was legally responsible for it and anything that happened to the vehicle or because of it was also his responsiblilty. My husband works out of town during the week. I called him and let him know what happened and he told me to give his friend the title and he would settle up with him on the payment when he got home. Fast forward now a couple of months and there has not been 1 penny paid on the vehicle. What recourse can we take? Can we request a correction on the title and list ourselves as lienholders? Can we report it as a fraudulent transaction? The vehicle has been transferred but I never signed the title or filled out any info on it.
    Shellybell

Das ist in der Doktor!

The way these things are handled vary from state to state.
    South Carolina is not my state.
    I would suggest you or your husband call your local South Carolina
    DMV or it’s equivalent, and find out for certain what needs to be done and how to go about doing it.
    Until then, your husbands ‘buddy’ is going to have a free ride on YOUR dime!
    Good Luck.

.._________________
    ~ There are three kinds of people.
    There are the ones who learn by reading.
    The few who learn by observation,
    and then there are those who have to pee on the electric fence
    and find out for themselves.

Comment

Working...
    X