This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question in Texas

Ok. this is my first time posting here, but here it goes. My mother bought a truck for me a few months ago and forced me to put the title in my name. I paid the loan (which was NOT for the truck but to pay back her CD's) and i missed 2 payments because of health complications, and my wife being pregnant. My mother had my truck towed after she paid off the loan, and said she was legal owner of the truck even though the title was and is in my name. She is claiming she can file stolen title, but the title was legally transferred to me by the previous owner of the truck. I don't really see how she can file stolen title when there was never any fraud to begin with, and I don't see how she can have the truck towed when I need it for the simple fact i am real close to being completely disabled. My mother doesn't care about my health, all she cares about is her credit. I understand it would have been bad on her credit, but isn't a son's life more important? and isn't the life of my unborn child important as well? My mother claims the reason she is taking the truck like this is because my wife rides in it. My mother does not like my wife, but I thought being 26 yrs old, it was my decision not hers. I guess I expected my mother to actually care about me, but I am obviously wrong about that if she'd rather me die because of my health rather than letting me keep what health i do have left. I am just trying to figure out if what she is doing is legal, or if it is another form of harassment.

unless she had a lien against the vehicle or some sort of contract with you, she cannot take the truck. All you have to do is file charges against her for stealing your truck. As long as the title and registration are in your name and there is no contract that would allow someone else to lay claim to it-it is yours free and clear and she cannot take it.

Comment

That's exactly what I thought...I called the DMV, bank, police, lawyer, and a couple of other people that know about this kind of stuff, and they said the exact same thing. There is no lien against the truck, so she took it illegally just as i thought.

Comment

Working...
      X