recently) and according to the DMV all I have to do
    is apply for a renewal. No problem.
    I am in the wrong but I shouldn't be included with those that Lost their
    license thru the courts?
    It was listed as uncorrectable. I would tell the judge , it was
    corrected in a few days.
    I have a wonderful no accident, minor ticket a long time ago driving
    record.
    What could my defense sound like? Suggestions?
    if you want to e-mail me. it's [email protected]

thanks in advance.

--
    If you see yourself in others, then whom can you harm?

I'm not a crook, Cal.DL question.

Crusader george wrote:
    I have a California driver's license question;l I was stopped by the CHP yesterday and it seems my DL has expired, I walked home. the q. is if convicted of a misdemeanor for driving w/o a license what would be the penalties? And what is my best defense in court. I plan to challenge the fairness of this ticket as I certainly did not get a notice of renewal ( I moved recently) and according to the DMV all I have to do is apply for a renewal. No problem. I am in the wrong but I shouldn't be included with those that Lost their license thru the courts? It was listed as uncorrectable. I would tell the judge , it was corrected in a few days. I have a wonderful no accident, minor ticket a long time ago driving record. What could my defense sound like? Suggestions? if you want to e-mail me. it's [email protected] thanks in advance.

Comment

Crusader george wrote:
      I have a California driver's license question;l
      I was stopped by the CHP yesterday and it seems my DL has expired, I walked home.
      What did you get charged with, violation of VC 12500.(a)?
      the q. is if convicted of a misdemeanor for driving w/o a license what would be the penalties?
      If it was simply an expired licence, it should be just an infraction, which
      means that the penalty is just a fine. (And if it is correctable, and you
      correct it in the alloted time frame, it gets dismissed.)
      And what is my best defense in court.
      That you forgot to renew it (and it has been corrected).
      I plan to challenge the fairness of this ticket as I certainly did not get a notice of renewal (I moved recently)
      That may not impress the court.
      and according to the DMV all I have to do is apply for a renewal. No problem.
      I should hope that you've done this already.
      I am in the wrong but I shouldn't be included with those that Lost their license thru the courts? It was listed as uncorrectable.
      If it was merely an expired licence, it should have been marked as
      "correctable".
      I would tell the judge , it was corrected in a few days. I have a wonderful no accident, minor ticket a long time ago driving record. What could my defense sound like? Suggestions?
      I'd show the judge my renewed licence, and ask him, shouldn't this have been
      marked as "correctable"? If he says "yes", then I would ask him to please
      dismiss the charges.

[I ain't no lawyer, and this ain't legal advice.]
      --
      Theodore A. Kaldis
      [email protected]

Comment

Theodore A. Kaldis wrote:
        Then why don't you "STFU", as you recommended Kent Wills do when he
        posted a similar disclaimer? You claimed he therefore had nothing
        worthwhile to consider. What makes you think that your non-legal opinion
        is any more worthwhile?

WMD

Comment

"Theodore A. Kaldis" <[email protected]> wrote in message
          news:[email protected]
          Crusader george wrote:
          I have a California driver's license question;l I was stopped by the CHP yesterday and it seems my DL has expired, I walked home.
          the q. is if convicted of a misdemeanor for driving w/o a license what would be the penalties?
          If it was simply an expired licence, it should be just an infraction, which means that the penalty is just a fine. (And if it is correctable, and you correct it in the alloted time frame, it gets dismissed.)
          I plan to challenge the fairness of this ticket as I certainly did not get a notice of renewal (I moved recently)
          I am in the wrong but I shouldn't be included with those that Lost their license thru the courts? It was listed as uncorrectable.
          If it was merely an expired licence, it should have been marked as "correctable".
          I would tell the judge , it was corrected in a few days. I have a wonderful no accident, minor ticket a long time ago driving record. What could my defense sound like? Suggestions?
          I'd show the judge my renewed licence, and ask him, shouldn't this have been marked as "correctable"? If he says "yes", then I would ask him to please dismiss the charges.

No. If it is marked CORRECTABLE, it means you can run down to the CHP office
          and they will rip the ticket up.

If he goes to court they will dismiss it upon seeing a renewed license, and
          paying a $10 'convenience' fee

[I ain't no lawyer, and this ain't legal advice.] -- Theodore A. Kaldis [email protected]

Comment

"Crusader george" <[email protected]> wrote in message
            news:[email protected]
            I have a California driver's license question;l I was stopped by the CHP yesterday and it seems my DL has expired, I walked home. the q. is if convicted of a misdemeanor for driving w/o a license what would be the penalties? And what is my best defense in court. I plan to challenge the fairness of this ticket as I certainly did not get a notice of renewal ( I moved recently) and according to the DMV all I have to do is apply for a renewal. No problem. I am in the wrong but I shouldn't be included with those that Lost their license thru the courts? It was listed as uncorrectable. I would tell the judge , it was corrected in a few days. I have a wonderful no accident, minor ticket a long time ago driving record. What could my defense sound like? Suggestions?

Yes. Stop blaming others for YOUR problem. If you are on here that means you
            have some type of internet access. You could have renewed your license at
            http://dmv.ca.gov

The expiration date is on the card.

" Excuses are like *** holes. Everyone has one and they all stink."

if you want to e-mail me. it's [email protected] thanks in advance. -- If you see yourself in others, then whom can you harm?

Comment

On Tue, 23 May 2006 11:03:41 -0700, Crusader george
              <[email protected]> wrote:
              I have a California driver's license question;lI was stopped by the CHP yesterday and it seems my DL has expired, Iwalked home.the q. is if convicted of a misdemeanor for driving w/o a license whatwould be the penalties?
              My *guess* is that you'll get a fine.
              And what is my best defense in court. I plan to challenge the fairnessof this ticket as I certainly did not get a notice of renewal ( I movedrecently)
              Irrelevant. The date of expiration is going to be printed on
              your license. The court will undoubtedly take the view that it's YOUR
              responsibility to note when your license will expire.
              and according to the DMV all I have to dois apply for a renewal. No problem.I am in the wrong but I shouldn't be included with those that Lost theirlicense thru the courts?
              An expired license is not the same as a suspended/revoked
              license. You shouldn't be included with those.
              It was listed as uncorrectable.
              ???
              If you get it renewed, it's been corrected. This may not
              prevent you from getting fined, but it shouldn't equal uncorrectable.
              I would tell the judge , it wascorrected in a few days.I have a wonderful no accident, minor ticket a long time ago drivingrecord.What could my defense sound like? Suggestions?if you want to e-mail me. it's [email protected]thanks in advance.
              Go before the judge and show him/her your renewed license.
              This might get the matter dismissed, it might not. In Iowa it would,
              but Iowa isn't California, as I'm sure you're aware

--
              Kent
              No todos los que ven tus obras ven tus virtudes.

Comment

On Tue, 23 May 2006 19:29:33 GMT, "Theodore A. Kaldis"
                <[email protected]> wrote:
                "So STFU then. You have nothing meaningful to offer here."

-- Theodore A. Kaldis

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....5?dmode=source

--
                Kent

Theodore A. Kaldis admits to stalking my wife:
                http://groups.google.com/group/misc....a183a485d58c5d

Comment

Wayne Delia wrote:
                  Then why don't you "STFU", as you recommended Kent Wills do when he posted a similar disclaimer? You claimed he therefore had nothing worthwhile to consider. What makes you think that your non-legal opinion is any more worthwhile?
                  Because I live here and I know how things are supposed to work. If his
                  licence was only expired and not suspended or revoked, he should have gotten
                  a "correctable" ticket.
                  --
                  Theodore A. Kaldis
                  [email protected]

Comment

Wayne Delia wrote:
                    Theodore A. Kaldis wrote:[I ain't no lawyer, and this ain't legal advice.]Then why don't you "STFU", as you recommended Kent Wills do when he posteda similar disclaimer? You claimed he therefore had nothing worthwhile toconsider. What makes you think that your non-legal opinion is any moreworthwhile?
                    Because I live here and I know how things are supposed to work. If his licence was only expired and not suspended or revoked, he should have gotten a "correctable" ticket.
                    ****, you're stupid. In this post...

http://groups.google.com/group/misc....5?dmode=source

.... you told Kent Wills to "STFU" for no reason other than that he made
                    essentially the same disclosure you're making: that you're not a lawyer.
                    So, either "STFU" yourself, or retract the "STFU" you laid on Kent.

WMD

Comment

GeekBoy wrote:
                      Crusader george wrote:
                      I was stopped by the CHP yesterday and it seems my DL has expired, I walked home.
                      If it was simply an expired licence, it should be just an infraction, which means that the penalty is just a fine. (And if it is correctable, and you correct it in the alloted time frame, it gets dismissed.)
                      If it was merely an expired licence, it should have been marked as "correctable".
                      I'd show the judge my renewed licence, and ask him, shouldn't this have been marked as "correctable"? If he says "yes", then I would ask him to please dismiss the charges.
                      No. If it is marked CORRECTABLE, it means you can run down to the CHP office and they will rip the ticket up.
                      But his ISN'T marked correctable, so that won't work. He HAS to go to court,
                      he doesn't have any alternative. And they don't "rip it up" -- they sign it
                      (if the violation has been corrected) and you have to send it in.
                      If he goes to court they will dismiss it upon seeing a renewed license, and paying a $10 'convenience' fee
                      While preparing this message I did a little research on this. Turns out that
                      for an expired licence, a CHP officer won't do. You HAVE to go at least to
                      the court clerk, but not necessarily to court (though this -- whether you can
                      go just to the clerk -- may vary by county). The OP should look at VC 40610
                      (which reads in part):

40610. (a) (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2), if, after an
                      arrest, accident investigation, or other law enforcement action, it
                      appears that a violation has occurred involving a registration,
                      license, all-terrain vehicle safety certificate, or mechanical
                      requirement of this code, and none of the disqualifying conditions
                      set forth in subdivision (b) exist and the investigating officer
                      decides to take enforcement action, the officer shall prepare, in
                      triplicate, and the violator shall sign, a written notice containing
                      the violator's promise to correct the alleged violation and to
                      deliver proof of correction of the violation to the issuing agency.
                      (2) If any person is arrested for a violation of Section 4454, and
                      none of the disqualifying conditions set forth in subdivision (b)
                      exist, the arresting officer shall prepare, in triplicate, and the
                      violator shall sign, a written notice containing the violator's
                      promise to correct the alleged violation and to deliver proof of
                      correction of the violation to the issuing agency. In lieu of
                      issuing a notice to correct violation pursuant to this section, the
                      officer may issue a notice to appear, as specified in Section 40522.

(b) Pursuant to subdivision (a), a notice to correct violation
                      shall be issued as provided in this section or a notice to appear
                      shall be issued as provided in Section 40522, unless the officer
                      finds any of the following:
                      (1) Evidence of fraud or persistent neglect.
                      (2) The violation presents an immediate safety hazard.
                      (3) The violator does not agree to, or cannot, promptly correct
                      the violation.

Please note that under the law, if none of the disqualifying conditions
                      exist, the officer SHALL issue a fix-it ticket -- his ONLY choice is WHETHER
                      to issue a ticket or not. And if he DOES, it MUST be a fix-ti ticket.
                      [Still applies]
                      --
                      Theodore A. Kaldis
                      [email protected]

Comment

Kent Wills wrote:
                        "So STFU then. [...]
                        You first, burglar boy.
                        --
                        Theodore A. Kaldis
                        [email protected]

Comment

Kent Wills wrote:
                          Crusader george wrote:
                          My *guess* is that you'll get a fine.
                          You guess WRONG. This is California, and that's not the way things work
                          around here. If it was only an expired licence, and he has since gotten it
                          renewed, he should have been issued a correctable ticket. He shows up in
                          court, shows them the renewed licence, and the charges are dismissed and he
                          pays a $10 "transaction" fee (that is to be disbursed by the court as
                          outlined in California VC 40611).

You don't know how things work around here, so STFU. Burglar boy.
                          [...]
                          --
                          Theodore A. Kaldis
                          [email protected]

Comment

Wayne Delia wrote:
                            ****, you're stupid. [...]
                            No, that would be you.
                            ... you told Kent Wills to "STFU" for no reason other than that he made essentially the same disclosure you're making: that you're not a lawyer. So, either "STFU" yourself, or retract the "STFU" you laid on Kent.
                            STFU, Wayne.
                            --
                            Theodore A. Kaldis
                            [email protected]

Comment

[I ain't no lawyer, and this ain't legal advice.] [Still applies]
                              So does "STFU", which was your advice to Kent Wills when he made the
                              same disclaimer.

WMD

Comment

Working...
                              X