X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have my permit. Can I drive with my french mother ? Arizona

Hello !
    First of all, sorry for my bad english, I'm french.
    I recently moved in Phoenix (I had a K1 Visa. Right now I'm waiting for my green card.).
    I went to the MVD to pass the test to have my permit.
    I heard that i can drive if someone older that 21 years old who have his driver licence his sitting next to me.
    Here is my problem : my mother (she is french) is here for vacation.
    I know that she can drive here with her french licence.
    But can I drive with her next to me ? The person sit next to me has to have only an amercan driver licence or not ?
    It's very weird question I know but I looked everywhere on the Arizona MVD website and I didn't find anything.
    Thank you in advance for yours answers.

Someone may come along who knows for sure. Otherwise, you can always call the Az. MVD & ask.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by joemonsters View Post
      Hello !
      First of all, sorry for my bad english, I'm french.
      I recently moved in Phoenix (I had a K1 Visa. Right now I'm waiting for my green card.).
      I went to the MVD to pass the test to have my permit.
      I heard that i can drive if someone older that 21 years old who have his driver licence his sitting next to me.
      Here is my problem : my mother (she is french) is here for vacation.
      I know that she can drive here with her french licence.
      But can I drive with her next to me ? The person sit next to me has to have only an amercan driver licence or not ?
      It's very weird question I know but I looked everywhere on the Arizona MVD website and I didn't find anything.
      Thank you in advance for yours answers.

Given that the laws in both countries differ so greatly, I would expect the AZ DMV to inform you that your accompanying driver must hold a valid US driver's license.

Call 'em and ask.

Comment

I think so also (prob. need US driver's lic.). However; as I said, unless someone comes along who knows for sure, you need to call & ask.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X