X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA tax forgiveness Pennsylvania

Hi,
    I live in PA and work in NY. I am using H&R block to file my taxes online. I will get a refund of all taxes paid to NY state. Should I qualify for PA state tax forgiveness? According to the PA tax forgiveness chart I qualify. H&R's program is telling me I owe PA taxes. I am filing resident and non resident forms using this program.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Are you SURE you're getting a refund of ALL the withholding for NY state? NY is pretty picky about nonresidents having a liability if you work there.

What does the tax firm say? They should be able to answer your question, shouldn't tey?
    I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

I am getting everything back that I paid to NY. Pretty sure it's due to my low income and dependents. That's why I don't understand, (according to H&R block free file online program) why I'm not qualifying for tax forgiveness in PA. If I lived AND worked in PA I would qualify for forgiveness as I fall well below the income limit.

Comment

Why don't you call H&R Block & see if they "might" be able to answer your question
        over the phone?
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Yes, if you're using H&R Block, they should be able to answer your question. That's what you're paying them for.
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

OP said they are using the free H&R Block file online program. However, they
            might still answer the OP's question if called.
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Ah, doesn't the online program offer a telephone question option? For some reason, I thought so.

Comment

I would think there would be a # you could call.

Comment

I would like to thank everyone who put any thought or took the time to help me with my question. Turns out PA does not recognize nieces and nephews for the tax forgiveness. It would of been nice if the online program would of given me a heads up on that information. It's a great program as long as you don't have any questions. But then, you get what you pay for! Thanks again!

Comment

You're welcome & I'm glad you got the answer to your question.

Comment

Working...
                    X