This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tax fraud Iowa

I work at a hotel. The manager allows the front desk to provide "government" employees tax exempt forms without ID who are paying with their own personal credit cards and setting them as tax exempt how do I report this?

I also work part time at a hotel so I am well aware of the requirements for the use of government employee tax exempt forms. However, can you be 100% certain that such requirements were not met prior to check in? That the ID was not provided at the time the reservation was made, directly to the manager?
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I am 100% sure I have spoken with the manager about the situation and have been told its just the way they do things! Its this hotels SOP! I'm not just referring to one guest its multiple guest on multiple occasions

Comment

I suppose you could have a chat with the IRS. Be prepared to have the hotel find a reason to fire you.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
        X