This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Divorce and house sold Wisconsin

I am recently divorced and we sold our house. We were told that the full amount in our escrow, which was for taxes, will be returned to us. I figured we would pay for 7 months of the property taxes for the year, because we lived there for 7 months. I was told all that money was included in the sale. My question is, since we lived there 7 months, and paid interest on the principal, can we still claim that on next year's taxes? Really confused.

Originally posted by se298764 View Post
    I am recently divorced and we sold our house. We were told that the full amount in our escrow, which was for taxes, will be returned to us. I figured we would pay for 7 months of the property taxes for the year, because we lived there for 7 months. I was told all that money was included in the sale. My question is, since we lived there 7 months, and paid interest on the principal, can we still claim that on next year's taxes? Really confused.
    Yes, you will receive a 1099 statement at the end of the year, just like you would have, had you not sold the home.
    Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

Working...
    X