Notice to vacate questions Washington

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice to vacate questions Washington

We have a rental house in Tacoma, in the city limits and want to kick out our renter. He has a lease but at this point it is a month to month. He has broken the lease by not maintaing the landscaping so far as to have received on 2 occasions citations from the city for the overgrown bushes etc. We are now considered a "Repeat Offender" because of this guy. He also has a mammoth amount of stuff in the yard/street (2 boats, car, two trucks, dump truck, trailer for snow mobile, horse/utility trailer and a bunch of smaller stuff piled up all over. It literally is the worst looking yard in the neighborhood.
    So my question is do we have to give him a reason to move or can we just kick him out? Here is the letter i plan on sending him: would this be legal enough?

June 4th 2012
    Me
    My address
    Tacoma WA 98404

TO:
    Him
    The property address
    Tacoma WA, 98404

Subject: Address St Tacoma WA 98404 Notice to Vacate.
    This letter constitutes written notice to vacate the premises within 50 days of the date of writing this letter.
    We regret taking this action but feel we have no choice. In appreciation of your on time rent payments we are giving you extra time if you need it rather than the 30 days we are required by law to give.
    You are asked to use this notice period to find a new place for yourself and vacate the premises and remove all your possessions by 08/01/2012 at the latest. Your voluntary and expedient cooperation in this matter will avoid any costly and embarrassing eviction proceedings.
    The service of this notice upon you does not relieve you of the obligation to pay rent. You remain obligated to pay your rent to the expiration of this notice. If you fail to fulfill your obligations under your lease and this notice, a negative credit report may be submitted to a credit reporting agency.
    Feel free to use us as a rental reference as you did always pay your rent on time.
    If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
    Thank You,
    My Name

Das ist in der Doktor!

Since the laws on evictions vary somewhat from State to State I think your needs would be better served if you were to show that letter to an Attorney.
    Good Luck.

..____________
    ~ Free advice is like your public defender,
    …you get what you pay for. ~ drr

Comment

You seem woefully ill equipt to deal with the legal issues of being a landlord. Get a copy of Nolo Press's book on landlording or landlord/tenant rights NOW. AND you should join a local landlord's club/group who will supply you with the proper forms to use for eviction, leases, etc. BTW, giving them more time to move than their current rent payment covers is a bad idea. Please learn the proper way to give notice (AFTER you've collected the rent) before getting yourself into a real mess you can't handle.
      I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Working...
      X