This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can this be Fair? Mississippi

If a apartment managment group advertises "Free High Speed Internet" to grab renters such as myself. (Advertisement is a banner on Apt. and newspaper Ad). Second day into my lease, I cannot get or have "High Speed" internet, it's as slowwer than a dialup connection, with this I cannot do my college classes online. I could do my online classes at my parents home who do have highspeed internet, so I know there is not anything wrong with my new computer.

Can I get out of my lease?
    Can I ask them to compensate me as?....

... ask the landloard to provide the advertised High Speed by reducing my monthly lease rent charge, so that I could buy the advertised highspeed internet directly from the internet provider.

If this doesn't affect my lease, couldn't it be false advertisement?

Having a college budget, I thought this was a good choice, apparently not, I gave up a dishwasher in an apartment to have high speed internet in this apartment to be able to work on my online college classes, I don't have HS internet, so guess I have to go wash my dishes!

Originally posted by NCnewbie View Post
    If a apartment managment group advertises "Free High Speed Internet" to grab renters such as myself. (Advertisement is a banner on Apt. and newspaper Ad). Second day into my lease, I cannot get or have "High Speed" internet, it's as slowwer than a dialup connection, with this I cannot do my college classes online. I could do my online classes at my parents home who do have highspeed internet, so I know there is not anything wrong with my new computer.

Can I get out of my lease?
    Can I ask them to compensate me as?....

... ask the landloard to provide the advertised High Speed by reducing my monthly lease rent charge, so that I could buy the advertised highspeed internet directly from the internet provider.

If this doesn't affect my lease, couldn't it be false advertisement?

Having a college budget, I thought this was a good choice, apparently not, I gave up a dishwasher in an apartment to have high speed internet in this apartment to be able to work on my online college classes, I don't have HS internet, so guess I have to go wash my dishes!
    What has management said, when you asked about this? What does your lease say in regards to this?
    Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

HighSpeed "Dial-Up"

It could be false advertisement. Most likely it is "highspeed dial-up" and you should have checked that out before signing the lease. In the future when you enter into an agreement like this always look for the "catch". Its very unfortunate but there are landlords who specifically take advantage of college students. I would just keep pleading my case to the landlord and see if you two can come to a happy medium.

Comment

Could also be that management has a single DSL or cable line run though a switch which all apartments share (could be as slow as 256 or less). In any case, sharing it would make it unusable with too many people (and slower than dialup). You need to ask management what's up. If they are doing this 'sharing ' without the provider's knowlege, it may be against their terms of service. Ask the provider (if you dont' know who it is, you might be able to find out by doing a traceroute)

-Tim
        Busy B Realty - Honey Run Apiaries

Comment

Working...
        X