This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overhanging branches - they cut down my whole tree!!! Pennsylvania

Hello! I have a small back yard (20' wide x 50' long) that is completely surrounded by a 6 foot privacy fence. The back of the property borders on a business. I have (or had) three 40+ foot pine trees that lined the back of the yard for visual privacy and noise privacy from the business and the busy road beyond that; the trunks are two feet from the fence line and were there when I moved in 4 years ago. Without any notice at all, the business trimmed the backs of two of the trees that overhanged the property line. I understand that this is within their right - however, they cut the branches all the way back to the tree and had to cross over the property line to do it. The third tree - they COMPLETELY cut the tree down except for the 6 foot stump that is left in my yard. They had to cross over/reach over the property line to do this. Needless to say, my privacy is gone; you can see straight through to the busy street which creates more noise as well and hence affects the overall property value. I had NO notice that they were going to do this at all. I had the police take a report. What can I do now? They should at least cut down the stump they left in my yard - I also want my tree back!!! Is the landscaping company liable, too?

Thank you!!!!

Get an attorney.

You have a pretty clear cut case of the business overstepping their bounds (and your boundaries).
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

overhanging tree branches

Hello, my issue is with my neighbors. There is a 4 foot high chain-link fence between our properties. My neighbors are tree and various types of headge and plant lovers. They do not cut their grass because there are so many trees and "stuff" growing out of control in their yard that sun light cannot reach the ground -- I am not kidding. I say 'to each his/or/her own', but the trees are getting out of control. The branches are overhanging the fence into my yard so much that my grass has issues growing. I want to know if I am within my rights to legally trim back the branches that are causing problems on my property? I live in PA.

Comment

Working...
      X