This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Living in a Fraternity House...PA Pennsylvania

I'm part of a fraternity. This semester, we were charged with over $500/person in damages from the previous year. This $500 dollars is used to replenish a "house activity and repair fund", in essence, a security deposit. Every year, we need to bring the security deposit back up to $975.

Ive asked numerous times for a detail list of damages, so I can make sure we are not being charged for ridiculous things, or overcharged for certain things. I was told once or twice that I'd get the list, however now when I ask for the list, I'm told that "ill wait" for it. I have another payment to make by October 15th, and I don't really want to make that payment until I receive this list. I've signed a promissory note saying I'd make payments oct.15th and dec31st.

When I told the alumnus in charge of billing that I'm "weary" of making any more payments until I receive this list he wrote:
    Your promissory note is quite clear as to what is owed and when it must be paid in order for you to retain your ZERO percent interest rate, rather than incurring a default rate, late charges and legal fees.

In the interim, while you are anxiously awaiting “your list”, do NOT e-mail me again.

any suggestions? sorry for the length.

Without understanding the promissory note you signed, it would be impossible for us to help you.

You may just want to move out of the house.
    Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

thats the best part....I don't even live in the house anymore, but out of house members are still responsible for the fees/damages costs.

I could forward you a .pdf of the promissory note if you think that would help.

Comment

Working...
      X