This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbor Tree/Leaf problem Pennsylvania

One of the many problems I had with my neighbor this past fall was when our tree was shedding many leaves and fell and they blew on her side of the lawn. I am sure that not all of the leaves that showed up on her lawn were from my tree. She in turn took a leaf blower and proceeded to blow all the leaves from her lawn onto mine, right down the property line. I was shocked by this and we approached her on this petty situation. It still continued.
    I understand that if any part of my tree is on her side of the property line they can do what they want with that but does she have any right or recourse to do this silly kind of action? I think most of us probably wouldn't do this because of neighborly reasons or ethical reasons and we would just pick them up and throw them away.
    I want to be able to confront her this fall when it happens again with her rights and mine regarding leaves from a tree, which seems an absolutley ridiculous issue.
    Thanks.

It sounds to me like a person you would be better off just not interacting with.

If you were to find a law that said this was improper then you put yourself down at her level and she will just find other ways to get to you.

I suggest you refuse to react or ackowledge her actions in any way.

Comment

Rake the leaves and ignore the neighbor.
      “Be not niggardly of what costs thee nothing, as courtesy, counsel, & countenance.”

--Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Neighbor tree/leaf problem

Isn't that just like giving in and saying, hey your right I'll do what you wish! Not that I don't think it a good idea, its one I came up with too but if I do everything they want to keep peace I give up my boundaries that I am trying to set with them.

Comment

I have been around enough neighbors like that to know that if you do anything other than NOT react, she will just keep at it.

She will find every reason, item, discrepancy, etc. imaginable to annoy you. Leave your outside lights on too long? Call the cops. Not clear your snow quick enough? Call the cops. She will call the locals and tell them you did not have a permit for this or that. You put your garbage out too soon or did not bring the cans in soon enough.

She wants a reaction out of you! Give her no reaction....that is the only way to deny her satisfaction.

Comment

Originally posted by Joetuna View Post
            I have been around enough neighbors like that to know that if you do anything other than NOT react, she will just keep at it.

She will find every reason, item, discrepancy, etc. imaginable to annoy you. Leave your outside lights on too long? Call the cops. Not clear your snow quick enough? Call the cops. She will call the locals and tell them you did not have a permit for this or that. You put your garbage out too soon or did not bring the cans in soon enough.

She wants a reaction out of you! Give her no reaction....that is the only way to deny her satisfaction.
            Joetuna,
            Thanks, I know people keep telling me to ignore her but it is so hard when she is right there doing things you know are not right or ethical. I should just learn to ignore her but how do I do that when she blows leaves right back on the property line like thats her right. Oh it just bugs me. But thanks for helping me back to what is really important. Sometimes a small issue like this really isn't important. I am also trying to teach my children how to handle these people which makes it awkward to have to tell them to ignore them but she has been rude to them too. Lessons we have to teach huh?

Comment

Working...
            X