This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sellers Disclosure Fraud Pennsylvania

I recently purchased a home in Philadelphia, shortly after moving in the house began to smell. I did have the house inspected before purchasing and during my many walk throughs I did not detect any odors nor did the inspector. The previous owners had installed new wall to wall carpeting one month prior to my purchasing it. The smell became so bad and I finally found the source after pulling up a portion of the carpet. The hardwood floors underneath were newly painted white to cover up what I later found out was cat urine saturated flooring. I don't mean a spot here and there but everywhere! The carpet and padding were installed over wet cat urine and it was seeping up through the paint and into the carpet and padding. I soon found out after talking with neighbors that the owners knew of this and covered it up. I have spent thousands of dollars trying to get rid of the smell and here it is five months later and my house still smells. The owners did not disclose this problem what can I do?

Originally posted by fatos65 View Post
    I recently purchased a home in Philadelphia, shortly after moving in the house began to smell. I did have the house inspected before purchasing and during my many walk throughs I did not detect any odors nor did the inspector. The previous owners had installed new wall to wall carpeting one month prior to my purchasing it. The smell became so bad and I finally found the source after pulling up a portion of the carpet. The hardwood floors underneath were newly painted white to cover up what I later found out was cat urine saturated flooring. I don't mean a spot here and there but everywhere! The carpet and padding were installed over wet cat urine and it was seeping up through the paint and into the carpet and padding. I soon found out after talking with neighbors that the owners knew of this and covered it up. I have spent thousands of dollars trying to get rid of the smell and here it is five months later and my house still smells. The owners did not disclose this problem what can I do?
    read your purchase agreement and get a lawyer, sue for the cost of replacing the floor

Comment

Working...
    X