No announcement yet.


This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ohio

    i am buying the property and barn next to my house i am paying cash for it what do i do to get the deed in my name

  • #2
    File papers in the local court house. (they will hand you the correct ones.) You might want to do a title search to cover your investment.


    • #3
      Caveat emptor!

      You might want to have the property surveyed also by a professional land surveyor in addition to the title search. The land survey will ensure that the alleged acreage is actually accounted for and that the property is not encroaching on the adjoining properties.

      Boundary disputes can be nasty. Life is to short! Caveat emptor! Caveat emptor is Latin for "Let the buyer beware”. Thus, you might need a property survey along with the title search to protect your investment.
      Last edited by DrumMajorChange; 08-18-2009, 03:45 PM.
      I am not an attorney. My personal opinions are not legal advice.

      "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." --- Franklin Roosevelt

      The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. --- Martin Luther King Jr.

      A trap was set once upon a time; however, the designer fell in himself!!