This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to file Lis Pendens in NY from AL Alabama

I need to file a Lis Pendens in NY before my sister sells property that she extorted from me. Can I do this from here in Alabama, or do I need to do it in NY? Can I do it or do I need an Attorney to do it? PLEASE help!

Thanks,
    Kat

Originally posted by katcottages1 View Post
    I need to file a Lis Pendens in NY before my sister sells property that she extorted from me. Can I do this from here in Alabama, or do I need to do it in NY? Can I do it or do I need an Attorney to do it? PLEASE help!

Thanks,
    Kat
    A competent attorney licensed in the State of New York should file any legal matters that are governing under the State of New York’s statutes and laws in the correct jurisdiction in the State of New York. You might find an attorney that is licensed in both New York and Alabama that live in Alabama and practice in New York. However, an attorney that specializes in property law that meets these requirements is highly unlikely. If you find one, he/she will be high dollar - Do you want to pay the traveling expense to complete your case?

It is my recommendation that you go to New York and discuss your legal matters with an attorney. Your claims might be very difficult to prove and an attorney might need to talk you directly to determine whether you have a viable claim. If you file a Lis Pendens against the property, your sister might file a lawsuit against you for slander. Thus, you need to see a competent attorney in New York to determine your course of action. Lis Pendens actions are rarely used; I am puzzled where you heard and/or read about this type of action.

I am not an attorney. My comments above are my personal opinions and should not be considered as legal advice.
    Last edited by DrumMajorChange; 08-08-2008, 03:38 AM.
    I am not an attorney. My personal opinions are not legal advice.

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." --- Franklin Roosevelt

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. --- Martin Luther King Jr.

A trap was set once upon a time; however, the designer fell in himself!!

Comment

Working...
    X