This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conflict of Interest Massachusetts

How can a managment company who is suppose to be looking out for the Condo Association, be able to provide bids on projects, to do the work without a conflict of interest?
    Our Condo management company has insisted the landscaping contract be given to them or else, this to me is outright conflict of interest, please has anyone had this experience with their management company?
    Also where will I find the Condo/Real Estate Property Management Companies, rules and regulations which they are to abide by?

Also same Management company this year, I feel repeated Conflict of Interest, Board went out for sealed bids, with the Management company placing a bid, along with 4 others, bids were opened suposidly by the Board of Trustees, bids looked confusing as each bidder add exact items that they felt they would provide, yet following the guidelines and made bids on those items, but add what else they could provide separately, Board got confused and gave the bids to the Management Company and he put them on a spead sheet, and through intimdation, the Boad granted the bid to the management company, even though they were higher than three others.

How do you stop this type of conduct......where can I get a list of reputable Property managers, in Western Massachusetts?

Sounds like activity you would expect to see on the "Sopranos". You have stated the obvious, conflicts of interest, intimidation are no place for a management company.

If others in your condo association feel the same way then it is time for the condo association to serve notice on the management company of its intent to terminate the management companies service agreement - clearly they must be in breach of their terms.

Finding a new management company - that's always difficult - ask for references from other condo associations and check them, see if there have been any complaints with the local BBB.

Good luck,

Steve @ www.buyingahouseandsavingmoney.com

Comment

Originally posted by CondoMan View Post
      How can a managment company who is suppose to be looking out for the Condo Association, be able to provide bids on projects, to do the work without a conflict of interest?
      Our Condo management company has insisted the landscaping contract be given to them or else, this to me is outright conflict of interest, please has anyone had this experience with their management company?
      Also where will I find the Condo/Real Estate Property Management Companies, rules and regulations which they are to abide by?

Also same Management company this year, I feel repeated Conflict of Interest, Board went out for sealed bids, with the Management company placing a bid, along with 4 others, bids were opened suposidly by the Board of Trustees, bids looked confusing as each bidder add exact items that they felt they would provide, yet following the guidelines and made bids on those items, but add what else they could provide separately, Board got confused and gave the bids to the Management Company and he put them on a spead sheet, and through intimdation, the Boad granted the bid to the management company, even though they were higher than three others.

How do you stop this type of conduct......where can I get a list of reputable Property managers, in Western Massachusetts?

Do you think that this "conflict of interest" is illegal?
      “Be not niggardly of what costs thee nothing, as courtesy, counsel, & countenance.”

--Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Conflict of interest

SeniorJudge, I certainly feel it to be conflict of interest in that, the Management Co. is controlling the bidding process through intimidation of Board Members who are not professionals, and I have received new information in that the landscaping bids submitted, his was the highest and omitted items, that are going to be necessary, as he had the contract last year, and inorder to make it look like he was higher than two bidders and lower than the other, (here is where the intimidation comes in as far as I a layman understands) I can only assume talks the Board into signing with him as he was the landscaper last year...........With all that said, if it is illegal, what can an Owner or Owners do to force the issue, in order to correct it.

Comment

Working...
        X