X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who owns this property?? Illinois

PARCEL 333 in the county of cook

I purchased lot1 of parcel 333 1n 1993 from Mr. Funeral HOme

Mr. Funeral Home was supposed to divide and split parcel 333, I own part lot1 of 333 and Mr Funeral HOme retains lot2 of parcel 333.

I live peacefully for 15 years on lot1 of 333. Mr Funeral Home makes parking lot out of lot2 of 333. Mr Funeral home sells his business and lot2 of 333 to Mr Corporation.

15 years later, my cook county taxes triple in one year , so i do some research and find that the Mr. Funeral HOme NEVER divided the parcel 333 into 2 lots of land and that I have been paying property taxes on ALL the land. (lots 1 and 2)

I have a plat of survey (Registered Illinois land Surveyor) with divided lots that was filed with the state of illinois. I also have a warrranty Deed with stamps Real estate transaction tax stamps, city of chicago, cook county and state of illinois.

Cook County tax accessor's office has me as owner of parcel 333 with no division of parcel.

Does Mr Corporation own land because he openly uses land or do I since I am the sole owner of parcel 333 according to county of COok, and have paid real estate(property taxes) on such parcel?
    Thanks.

Q: Does Mr Corporation own land because he openly uses land or do I since I am the sole owner of parcel 333 according to county of COok, and have paid real estate(property taxes) on such parcel?

A: Hire a title insurance company that does business in the county where the land is located to do a title search on this land.

Post back with results.
    “Be not niggardly of what costs thee nothing, as courtesy, counsel, & countenance.”

--Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
    X