This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illinois

After almost 20 years of taking care of the property up to my neighbors drive which was marked by railroad ties,and putting up a fence 8 years ago she said we have to take it down.
    She had a survey and claims it is 1.03 feet on her property and now she wants a privacy fence put up. Is there anything I can do?

Originally posted by muskiem5 View Post
    After almost 20 years of taking care of the property up to my neighbors drive which was marked by railroad ties,and putting up a fence 8 years ago she said we have to take it down.
    She had a survey and claims it is 1.03 feet on her property and now she wants a privacy fence put up. Is there anything I can do?
    Get your own survey. If the fence is on her property, then she can take it down.
    Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

Illinois

Even if we got a permit for the fence and we both thought it was my property? What about adverse possession can this be used?
      Thanks

Comment

The laws on adverse possession vary from state to state, and I don't think anyone who responds here is from Illinois. The best thing we can suggest is that you consult a local attorney.
        I am not able to respond to private messages. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X