Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joint Tenancy In Ca. California - HELP!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint Tenancy In Ca. California - HELP!!!

I am an only adult child, our home per stated in the deed is joint tenancy. (it was only my mother and I, dad passed away in 89) I was contacted by the state of ca. that I would hvae to pay back $60K for medical insurance my mother had? I was under the impression that I would not inherit her debt, but since I refused to pay it ( there was no will or anything of value to sell) I have been summoned to court "the state" said they were sueing me for " joint tenancy with right of survivorship " it does not state that on the deed only Joint Tenancy and I am at my wits end. should I sell the house and be done with it or do I have rights that I am not aware of... please help

Thank you
    COLOR=Navy]Peterpam[/COLOR]

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by peterpam View Post
    I am an only adult child, our home per stated in the deed is joint tenancy. (it was only my mother and I, dad passed away in 89) I was contacted by the state of ca. that I would hvae to pay back $60K for medical insurance my mother had? I was under the impression that I would not inherit her debt, but since I refused to pay it ( there was no will or anything of value to sell) I have been summoned to court "the state" said they were sueing me for " joint tenancy with right of survivorship " it does not state that on the deed only Joint Tenancy and I am at my wits end. should I sell the house and be done with it or do I have rights that I am not aware of... please help

Thank you

You NEED to speak with an attorney as in yesterday !

.._________________
    ~ VOTE ALL INCUMBENTS OUT,
    WE NEED TO MAKE ROOM FOR A NEW BATCH OF CROOKS.

Comment

Joint Tenancy in CA. HELP!!!

I spoke with a lawyer and he was the one who informed me that I was not liable for her debt it didnt go thru probate and i was a "co-owner". But when I showed him the summons and that they were sueing me because I am the only survior his answered changed.... I think this guy was not upfront i with me which is upsetting. Just thought MAYBE I was missing something
      COLOR=Navy]Peterpam[/COLOR]

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by peterpam View Post
        I spoke with a lawyer and he was the one who informed me that I was not liable for her debt it didnt go thru probate and i was a "co-owner". But when I showed him the summons and that they were sueing me because I am the only survior his answered changed.... I think this guy was not upfront i with me which is upsetting. Just thought MAYBE I was missing something
        Yeah, you're missing something alright, you're missing the big red flag that says you should talk to a different lawer and get a second opinion !!
        this guy may have just seen a big For Sale sign go upfront of his profit margin !
        ..____________________
        ~ Those who hammer their guns into plows,
        will plow for those who do not. - Thomas Jefferson
        Last edited by drruthless; 08-13-2011, 04:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X