Our trees on neighbors property. Can we dig them up? Alabama

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our trees on neighbors property. Can we dig them up? Alabama

What a mess. The original stakes were wrong when we bought our land. (We just spent $2000 on surveys). We planted small trees on our side of what we thought the line was. Now the neighbor is building a fence that will go through our flowerbed and our trees will be about 6 inches on his side. Can we go over and dig them up? This has been a horrible experience that involves a lot more than this. Our driveway is also partially on his land. He watched it being built. We have offered to buy the little bit of driveway that is on his property or rent it. We are talking about maybe 3000 square feet of dirt that is not even near his house. He refuses to sell or give us an easement. He is putting the fence there too and will block our access to the driveway we paid a lot to build and have been using about six years. It's like my neighbor has gone crazy. I would like to talk to a real estate attorney but not sure who that would be.

You might talk to your city/county building & zoning commission about all this. You could try an attorney - you can probably get a referral to one from your local or state bar assoc.

Good luck.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Thank you. and you are right....Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls

Comment

You're welcome & once again good luck.

I'm always happy to find a mutual animal lover.
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
        X