Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When selling my own property, must I disclose that I am a real estate licensee? Alabama

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When selling my own property, must I disclose that I am a real estate licensee? Alabama

Alabama Real Estate Commission Rule 790-X-1-.03 (2) provides that any person who elects to become licensed as a broker or salesperson may advertise property of which they are the owner in the same way as any private party. However, such a licensee must abide by all of the other provisions of the license law and Rules of the Commission even in dealing in their own property. Secondly, when RECAD was passed, in one of the provisions of the obligations of licensees, Section 34-27-84 (a)(6) we find that in order to act on behalf of the licensee or his or her immediate family, or on behalf of any other individual organization, or business in which the licensee has a personal interest, you must have given prior timely written disclosure of this interest to all parties in the transaction. (A mere disclosure that you hold a license is not sufficient.)
Working...
X