Rent Increase-PA Pennsylvania

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rent Increase-PA Pennsylvania

We are on a month to month lease and my land lord just sent out a letter dated december 4th, that effective jaunuary 1st, the rent will increase to 700 due to installation of ac this summer. What is the time frame a land lord has to give notice on rent increase. In out lease it states that a land lord can give a 2 months notive to vacate the premisies. but we have to give a 30 day notice to leave. how am i able to give a 30 day notice to leave when he hasnt even given us a 30 day notice of rent increase. I think this all stems from problems with another tennit that lives below us and me complaining about her tv on at all hours of the day/night. can some one help me with my rights? please

Since he missed the deadline and it is your wish to move, you might inform him that by law his notice does not become effective until the 1st of Feb.
    I would also give him my notice which would also be effective on the 1st of Feb. Keep his letter and make a copy as you may need to show it to the court if he decides to fight you.

Comment

Working...
    X