This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenant issues?

I rented my house to this couple. They haven't been paying the rent money for 2 months now. What can I do about this? Can I just go ahead and kick them out? Do I have the right to enter in my properly?

Thanks,
    Tim

Originally posted by Tim
    I rented my house to this couple. They haven't been paying the rent money for 2 months now. What can I do about this? Can I just go ahead and kick them out? Do I have the right to enter in my properly?

Thanks,
    Tim
    You need to check the terms of your lease as well as the statutes in your state regarding any written notice (i.e. 30 days) that you need to give your tenants before evicting them for non-payment of rent. Be sure to send any correspondence via certified mail, return receipt requested so that you have proof of delivery. If they don't respond, then you can kick them out. You may want to consult with an attorney to collect the back rent.

Yes, you have the right to enter your property, but again, check the terms of your lease to see if there are certain criteria specified, i.e. enter only during certain times of day, tenants must be home, etc.

Comment

You need to gather your rental agreement, go to the court for where the property is located and file to evict them. However, you need to read the lease and proper law for where you are at to make sure you comply with all the required notice provisions, if they exist, prior to filing to evict.

Comment

Working...
      X