not guilty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not guilty

i was terminated for committing a crime before i was even charged with it and later was found not guilty. the city still contends that i am guilty and will not reinstate me. does anyone else think that this is rediculous??

terminated for crime not committed

Originally posted by dmitchell
    i was terminated for committing a crime before i was even charged with it and later was found not guilty. the city still contends that i am guilty and will not reinstate me. does anyone else think that this is rediculous??
    However unfair, for it to be the ilegal act of wrongful termination, an employer must violate a specific state or Federal law, regulation or constitutional provision. Unfortunately, there's no such thing that generally protects employees from "crummy deals" per se.

In plain English, the employment at-will doctrine means that, in the absence of contracts stating otherwise, employment is presumed to be voluntary and indefinite for both employees and employers.

Have you asked for an in-writing reason for your termination?
    Sue
    FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

reply to sue

yes i was terminated because i was under police investigation. i work for the city and i am a union member. there is a contract. i wouldn't fight it otherwise. thank you for the reply.

Comment

not guilty

yes i was terminated because i was under police investigation. i work for the city and i am a union member. there is a contract. i wouldn't fight it otherwise. thank you for the reply.
        Does your contract state that you can be terminated for suspicion of a crime? You probably already have, but I suggest you talk to the Union Board, make an appeal and if necessary, obtain legal counsel if there is nothing in wrting that states you can be terminated for suspiscion of a crime, especially since you were found NOT GUILTY.

Best wishes,
        Sue
        Sue
        FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

we have fought it all the way to the media. we are in the process of filing civil suits. yeah, it sucks but justice will prevail!

Comment

not guilty

we have fought it all the way to the media. we are in the process of filing civil suits. yeah, it sucks but justice will prevail!

Keep us posted on your results...I wish you the best.
            Your case can be helpful to others who are wrongfully terminated.

Sue
            Sue
            FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Working...
            X