Labor Law and Osha Posters not posted

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Labor Law and Osha Posters not posted

Hi. I understand each company must provide these posters. Do they need to posted somewhere in your company for each employees view? And if there not what needs to be done about it?
    Thanks Rainbowhearts

Yes, every company needs to have it posted where employees frequent most. It's mandatory and required by law. You can find these posters at www.laborlawcenter.com for any state.

Comment

Now the second part of the question, what if isn't posted at your work what needs to be done?

Comment

labor law posters

Originally posted by RainbowHearts
        Now the second part of the question, what if isn't posted at your work what needs to be done?
        For more information about poster requirements or other compliance assistance matters, you may contact the U.S. Department of Labor by telephone or visit the DOL poster page at http://www2.dol.gov/osbp/sbrefa/poster/main.htm
        Sue
        FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

Hello. Maybe I am not stating my question correctly. What if you know if a company does not have them posted for there employess to see? Should you contact OSHA and the Labor Law Departments? Maybe that will may the statement more clear.

Comment

posters

Hello. Maybe I am not stating my question correctly. What if you know if a company does not have them posted for there employess to see? Should you contact OSHA and the Labor Law Departments? Maybe that will may the statement more clear.

For more information about poster requirements or other compliance assistance matters, you may contact the U.S. Department of Labor by telephone at 1-888-9-SBREFA or by email at [email protected] and they should be able to direct you on how to proceed if your workplace does not comply.
            Sue
            FORUM MODERATOR

www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

OSHA Posters

Hi,

Yes, every company must have the posters in full view of anyone who may come in. Here are the requirements: Printed in FULL COLOR,
              Size is 24" x 36" .Must be laminated on both side with HIGH quality film. OSHA Log 300A (2004 Update), OSHA "It's The Law!" Poster,First Aid Safety Poster,
              HAZ-Mat and PPE Reference Sheet, Emergency Phone Numbers, Employee Polygraph Protection, Notice of Alleged Health Hazards, Access to Medical and Exposure Records
              In response to the second part of your question, you may want to gently suggest to your boss or the office manager that they need to have it posted. If you are uncomfortable speaking to anyone, you may want to print out these guidelines and drop them in their mailbox or something. If they do not correct it themselves, I would contact OSHA. The web address is www.osha.gov. Should they say that they do not have the posters, they can go to www.laborlawcenter.com/osha and get them. They will come as the law mandates and all you have to do is hang them!

Hope this helps!
              Last edited by Tom; 07-15-2004, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Julie,

"Printed in FULL COLOR, Size is 24" x 36"

Where did you get this? In all of my time involved with employee posting requriements, I have never run across this particular requirement (in CA). Could you post the source of this "law"?

Thanks,
                Joey

Comment

I brought it to the General Manager's attention that the OSHA Reports were not posted and that there is no HAZCOM material in our Employee Handbooks, and asked who was in charge of the OHSA bookkeeping; being that in Texas failure to comply with OSHA could result in a heavy fine up to $65,000.00 and 6 months imprisonment per bookkeepkeeping error. I was told that he would make sure that the company would come into compliance for the employees. One month later the injury stats were posted (for a 30 day period). No Job illnesses were posted and the Bulletin is several years out of date. The company still is operating with NO HAZ-COM Manual. The Company Employee Handbook does not state how to protect yourself. It only states vaguely what the Company"s Policies are. They fire people weekly for policies that we have never been educated about and that are not listed in the Employee Manual. My question is : HOW ARE COMPANIES ALLOWED TO OPERATE OUTSIDE THE LAWS - OUR JOBS DEPEND ON UPHOLDING THE LAW.
                  IS THERE ANYONE REALLY GOVERNING THESE COMPANIES? This is a very large company and is nation wide. How can it be that they are not made responsible for the well being of their employees?
                  Where do you go from here?
                  Last edited by Bingo; 05-20-2005, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Missing Poster

What you can do is report the employer to OSHA. You can read about it at: http://www.osha.gov/as/opa/worker/rights.html
                    Lillian Connell

Forum Moderator
                    www.laborlawtalk.com

Comment

It must be posted, if not then contact your local OSHA office.
                      It's a Great Day to learn something new.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo
                        My question is : HOW ARE COMPANIES ALLOWED TO OPERATE OUTSIDE THE LAWS - OUR JOBS DEPEND ON UPHOLDING THE LAW.
                        IS THERE ANYONE REALLY GOVERNING THESE COMPANIES? This is a very large company and is nation wide. How can it be that they are not made responsible for the well being of their employees?
                        Where do you go from here?

Frankly, I'm surprised that OSHA and DOL and DOT can even keep up with all the companies coming and going. Yes, some slip through the cracks, some companies feel they have bigger priorties. All in all, you can "Help them see the light" by making anonymous complaints and they WILL be there shortly.
                        If a worker is devoid of work, How then do they derive their value?

Comment

Bingo,

You are definiately being wronged. File a complaint with OSHA. Have more than one employee sign the complaint form. The more the better.

This is called concerted action. And this type of action taken by employees working together is protected activity under the National Labor Relations Act.

You and the other employees on the OSHA complaint are also protected from retaliation by you employer for participating in an OSHA complaint.

Go to the OSHA web page www.osha.gov and look on the left side of the page. Click on "workers" and there you will find everything you need to know about your rights, how to file a complaint, hazards and specific protection measures, and so on.

Your company has possibly violated your "right to know."

Depending on the hazardous materials, how they are stored, or shipped, you might have a complaint to file with the EPA, or the DOT.

Do you have a union? Involve them if you do. Otherwise, go to the web site for the AFL-CIO and you will be able to contact a union that will be interested in representing you. Form a union. This will get managements attention.

Complaints by one person are seen by management as discontent, and trouble making. A well thought out written complaint, signed by several employees, and properly filed with the appropriate authorities gets proper consideration.

Be carefull. A company that doesn't follow the regulations about hazardous substances as required, probably won't follow the regulations as they apply to retaliation.

Start a personal work journal, and have your co-workers do the same. Write everything that happens each day at work into your journal. Especially what you are being told by supervision. These kind of notes are worth their weight in gold if you have to try and protect your job from unfair retaliation.

Good luck and keep up the good fight.
                          Brother Rog

Comment

Working...
                          X