EEOC complaint forms MIA in TX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EEOC complaint forms MIA in TX

I have been discriminated against blatantly at my workplace racially and because of a disability (that actually evolved from the psych. harassment from my supervisor)but I can't seem to find where to get the complaint forms. I checked online and the nearest place is in San Antonio which is about 150 miles from me. Does anyone know how I can access these forms. Tomorrow I'm putting in my resignation because of this but I'm aware of my limited time frame. Does my supervisor have a right to ask what my disability is since it's not apparent?

Since it does not appear that forms are available on line (mitousmom?) no, I'm not aware of anything you can do except make the trip to San Antonio.

In some circumstances, yes, your supervisor is allowed to ask about your disability. How are they supposed to accomodate it (for example) without knowing what it is?

If you want anything more detailed, you're going to have to put your question in context for us.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

When I filed my complaint, I just typed it up on the computer and mailed it in. A week or so later, the EEOC transferred my complaint to the necessary form and mailed it to my for my approval and signature. You can always call them to get the necessary info.

Comment

EEOC doesn't make complaint forms available online. You don't have to complete a specific form to file a charge with them.

You can send them a letter. According to EEOC's website the letter must include the following:

"Your name, address, and telephone number;

The name, address and telephone number of the employer (or employment agency or union) you want to file your charge against;

The number of employees employed by the company or number of union members in all locations (if known);

A short description of the events you believe were discriminatory (for example, you were fired, demoted, harassed);

When the events took place;

Why you believe you were discriminated against and on what basis (for example, because of your race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, and/or disability); and

Your signature.

If you decide to send a letter, you must sign it. If you don?t sign it, we cannot proceed further."

Or, you can contact their Contact Center and talk with with one of their representatives. The representative will take the necessary information and forward it to the EEOC office that is responsible for the area in which you work and someone from the office will contact you.

The number for the Contact Center is 1 800 669-4000.

Comment

Thank you, mitousmom, I've been spoiled by the fact that I'm within easy commuting distance of an area office.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Joe; your post was deleted because, for copyright reasons, I do not allow cut and pasted material from other sites unless you provide the cite. If you would like to repost and this time give a link to the material instead of cutting and pasting, that will be acceptable.

Comment

Many Thanks!

Thank you all so much ! Joe I will definitely follow your directions. It's refreshing to finally get some kind of help when the higher ups (administration) won't answer questions until they consult w/their attorneys til they find a loop hole. May you all be blessed in your own chosen way !!!

Comment

Working...
              X