Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working Holiday Visa for American to Canada

Hey all,

I know of these visas called working holiday visas that allow one to enter a country for a certain amount of "holiday" time, and find work while there (essentially can be used as a time limited work permit which you don't need a written offer of work to obtain), and I'm trying to figure out the rules etc regarding such a visa for an American looking at coming to Canada. A few things I've found online state Americans are able to obtain a working holiday visa for Canada for 4 months, and one said it is only available to full time students, or those who have been so in the past 9 months. These were not really official sites, so I hesitate to completely believe the info, no questions asked, but could not find any info on them in the Canadian Immigration site.. so I ask: is this info correct? Any additional important things to be known about them? And is there a site which has all the correct rules and regulations etc out there?

Thanks!! =3

http://www.international.gc.ca/exper...ang=eng&view=d

Took less than a minute on Google to find that.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

In assuming my stupidity you have instead demonstrated your own. I expected at least a decent level of courtesy, but perhaps only those who have undergone or who work with the legalities involved in immigration have respect for all the laws and processes involved, and for an individual's desire to properly go about obtaining such permits having learned all the laws previously in order to avoid complications in future travels and permits.

I have already gone through that entire site rather thoroughly, as well as several others both linking from it and from numerous google searches. If you will notice, that list does not include United States, as the permits of this sort between the US and Canada seem to not be just "working holiday visas". As I stated before, everything I could find on this site the several times I perused it lead me to different kinds of the same sort of idea, mostly more like work exchanges, such as SWAP.

I was simply asking with regards to the existence of such programs, whether I had found the correct length of time they cover, and whether they do only exist between the US and Canada for students, and whether there was a site with more definite rules specifically regarding the permits of interest.

Comment

Right back atcha, sweetheart. There's no better source than the source. A US message board is not going to have better information than the Canadian agency that regulates the question you are asking.

If your questions are not answered by the site in question, then perhaps instead of asking other people to do your research for you, you need to be picking up the phone and asking your questions of the nearest consulate.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by dragonxrider View Post
          In assuming my stupidity you have instead demonstrated your own. I expected at least a decent level of courtesy, but perhaps only those who have undergone or who work with the legalities involved in immigration have respect for all the laws and processes involved, and for an individual's desire to properly go about obtaining such permits having learned all the laws previously in order to avoid complications in future travels and permits.

I have already gone through that entire site rather thoroughly, as well as several others both linking from it and from numerous google searches. If you will notice, that list does not include United States, as the permits of this sort between the US and Canada seem to not be just "working holiday visas". As I stated before, everything I could find on this site the several times I perused it lead me to different kinds of the same sort of idea, mostly more like work exchanges, such as SWAP.

I was simply asking with regards to the existence of such programs, whether I had found the correct length of time they cover, and whether they do only exist between the US and Canada for students, and whether there was a site with more definite rules specifically regarding the permits of interest.

Well, given the outright arrogance and rudeness you've displayed here, I suggest you pay an attorney to answer your question.

Do you understand that you've been answered by not only a CANADIAN, but by a Non-US citizen person BOTH of whom actually have knowledge of the matter?

Comment

Working...
          X