Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

feel no hope Vermont, wake up!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • feel no hope Vermont, wake up!


    This feeling of dread and sadness continues to weigh us down day after
    day. This is such an ignorant system that you have no recourse, no way
    to find out just why an application gets held up. There is no equity in
    the way they are prepared. We re-sumbitted the **** form and have been
    waiting too long. Why? Because we progressed so far in to the
    procedure, gave them what they wanted, and now it seems we will have to
    wait the full time period again. It's obvious isn't it? But there is no
    way to talk with a living human and get a reasonable answer. This is my
    frustration and please don't tell me how quick Vermont is, if that were
    true, we'd have gotten notification. Now, I'm just waiting for someone
    to post a wise-*** remark, something which occurs regularly. Yes, I am
    pissed and have every right to be. $110.00 for what, for them to dangle
    us and arbitrarily advance some and make others wait. I imagine the
    Vermont office to be staffed by 5 people. One security office at the
    door, and four paper pushers. And another thing, this is just another
    form of Big Brother and big repuke-lican government doing what it does
    best, justifying someone a salary who is probably over-worked and under-
    supported. These systems get put into place, then are left to fend for
    themselves while people wait to live their lives. My Italian
    grandfather came through Ellis Island in 1906 and went through the
    system splendidly. It turns my stomach to think how any American system
    participating in this program now is treated without much dignity. I
    vote, pay taxes and work my *** off to eek out a living in a country
    whose money is losing value daily and we are expected to line up and
    take it. I will smile, rejoice and feel elation when this procedure
    comes to an end. Until then, I feel contempt, frustration and dis-trust
    until a lousy from is processed. The internet opened up all this
    traffic amongst many of us and it is barely used in the process. No
    particiaption is allowed in the process excpet by snail mail to send
    the payment and the forms. Have I complained enough? Not until it's
    over. My future bride is making ready to come across the Atlantic and
    we can't even discuss any plans, dates or any other details because we
    have to wait. Just try to hold up payment on something for any
    government and see how quickly they pounce on you. Ranting and raving
    am I? Yes, he said.


    --
    Posted via http://britishexpats.com

  • #2
    feel no hope Vermont, wake up!


    Try waiting the same amount of time the people going through the TSC and
    NSC have to wait and then complain; you should be shouting for joy.




    Originally posted by 156thSt.
    This feeling of dread
    and sadness continues to weigh us down day after day. This is such an
    ignorant system that you have no recourse, no way to find out just why
    an application gets held up. There is no equity in the way they are
    prepared. We re-sumbitted the **** form and have been waiting too long.
    Why? Because we progressed so far in to the procedure, gave them what
    they wanted, and now it seems we will have to wait the full time period
    again. It's obvious isn't it? But there is no way to talk with a living
    human and get a reasonable answer. This is my frustration and please
    don't tell me how quick Vermont is, if that were true, we'd have gotten
    notification. Now, I'm just waiting for someone to post a wise-***
    remark, something which occurs regularly. Yes, I am pissed and have
    every right to be. $110.00 for what, for them to dangle us and
    arbitrarily advance some and make others wait. I imagine the Vermont
    office to be staffed by 5 people. One security office at the door, and
    four paper pushers. And another thing, this is just another form of Big
    Brother and big repuke-lican government doing what it does best,
    justifying someone a salary who is probably over-worked and under-
    supported. These systems get put into place, then are left to fend for
    themselves while people wait to live their lives. My Italian grandfather
    came through Ellis Island in 1906 and went through the system
    splendidly. It turns my stomach to think how any American system
    participating in this program now is treated without much dignity. I
    vote, pay taxes and work my *** off to eek out a living in a country
    whose money is losing value daily and we are expected to line up and
    take it. I will smile, rejoice and feel elation when this procedure
    comes to an end. Until then, I feel contempt, frustration and dis-trust
    until a lousy from is processed. The internet opened up all this traffic
    amongst many of us and it is barely used in the process. No
    particiaption is allowed in the process excpet by snail mail to send the
    payment and the forms. Have I complained enough? Not until it's over. My
    future bride is making ready to come across the Atlantic and we can't
    even discuss any plans, dates or any other details because we have to
    wait. Just try to hold up payment on something for any government and
    see how quickly they pounce on you. Ranting and raving am I? Yes, he
    said.


    --
    Posted via http://britishexpats.com

    Comment


    • #3
      feel no hope Vermont, wake up!


      Originally posted by dave w
      Try waiting the same amount
      of time the people going through the TSC and NSC have to wait and then
      complain; you should be shouting for joy.


      Hell yeah, you
      didn't want to hear us pipe up, but i'm on day 161 through the CSC and I
      know they're no where near mine :P Maybe you should move to your
      fiancee's country across the Atlantic wherever that is since you don't
      like things in the US of A.


      --
      Posted via http://britishexpats.com

      Comment


      • #4
        feel no hope Vermont, wake up!


        Originally posted by brigeet
        Hell yeah, you didn't want
        to hear us pipe up, but i'm on day 161 through the CSC and I know
        they're no where near mine :P Maybe you should move to your fiancee's
        country across the Atlantic wherever that is since you don't like things
        in the US of A. Firstly, just because the system is lousy,
        doesn't mean anyone has to like it. However, I do have the right to
        complain about and no one can take that away. Secondly, I'll rejoice
        when it's my turn to and not before. Everyone handles things in their
        own way and I will do what I have to. I am venting. Isn't this supposed
        to be a place to do that? Lastly, I know just how it is to have to hurry
        up and wait for something to happen when it's going to change something
        in my life forever. It just plain hurts. As for the monetary costs,
        again, it's my right to feel the way I do.


        --
        Posted via http://britishexpats.com

        Comment


        • #5
          feel no hope Vermont, wake up!


          Originally posted by 156thSt.
          Firstly, just because the
          system is lousy, doesn't mean anyone has to like it. However, I do have
          the right to complain about and no one can take that away. Secondly,
          I'll rejoice when it's my turn to and not before. Everyone handles
          things in their own way and I will do what I have to. I am venting.
          Isn't this supposed to be a place to do that? Lastly, I know just how it
          is to have to hurry up and wait for something to happen when it's going
          to change something in my life forever. It just plain hurts. As for the
          monetary costs, again, it's my right to feel the way I do. I
          had to come back to say something else. This is the support you offer
          when someone is hurting? Is this how you offer encouragement to someone
          in need? I expected this kind of treatment just because of the "V" word.
          Well, where is the much hyped and advertised speed when you need it? If
          you only knew the deatils of our situation, but I won't bore you with
          any details.


          --
          Posted via http://britishexpats.com

          Comment


          • #6
            feel no hope Vermont, wake up!


            I AM sorry that you're on the Vermont Waiting ....errr Delayed List! I
            know exactly how you feel, trust me. It took us over 6 months through
            Vermont and then a denial at the interview. Talk about hurry up & wait!

            You don't say how long you've been waiting and I can't imagine it's as
            long as Nebraska...but the delays will drive you bonkers, no matter
            where you applied.
            Hope you hear something soon
            Clare


            --
            Posted via http://britishexpats.com

            Comment


            • #7
              feel no hope Vermont, wake up!


              Originally posted by 156thSt.
              Firstly, just because the
              system is lousy, doesn't mean anyone has to like it. However, I do have
              the right to complain about and no one can take that away. Secondly,
              I'll rejoice when it's my turn to and not before. Everyone handles
              things in their own way and I will do what I have to. I am venting.
              Isn't this supposed to be a place to do that? Lastly, I know just how it
              is to have to hurry up and wait for something to happen when it's going
              to change something in my life forever. It just plain hurts. As for the
              monetary costs, again, it's my right to feel the way I do.

              I
              can understand you feeling upset by the wait, but the monetary cost
              thing ??? hmm i would say $110 is a small amount to pay (as others have
              said theres more to pay out yet) for the sake of getting your loved one
              to the US legally? or isnt she worth $110 ?

              Getting strange vibes on
              this post. Take care all who are waiting

              Jan


              --
              Posted via http://britishexpats.com

              Comment


              • #8
                feel no hope Vermont, wake up!


                This is something that's been bothering me in this forum - the fact that
                anyone going through VSC making the slightest complaint is met with
                things like "at least you didn't have to go through NSC, etc..." That
                is ridiculous! That's like telling people "well, why are you
                complaining about NSV times, at least you didn't get denied," at least
                this, at least that - it could go on and on. Isn't this forum supposed
                to be about supporting each other and helping people find answers? I
                didn't think it was "oh, you think your life is bad? Well, wait til you
                hear about mine!"

                Everyone gets depressed from time to time and they
                have a right to complain just as much as anyone else.

                The problem with
                Vermont is that they give you a projected processing time; I expect that
                they should be following it. I expect that each service center should
                be doing that. Lately it doesn't seem like they're doing that - right
                now just about every person I know of going through Vermont has exceeded
                or will exceed the maximum processing time.

                Everyone seems to be in
                such awe about the VSC, and there's this attitude that one should just
                be grateful to be a part of their jurisdiction. But they make mistakes
                and slug just like any other SC - maybe not as long, but that's just how
                it is. If it makes you feel any better they seem to take forever to
                process RFEs.

                If Vermont had sent me a notice telling me how long it
                was really going to take, then I'd be better prepared to wait, and I'm
                sure many others would too. But I guess for now they are still claiming
                the short 30-45 days, even though it's apparent it is taking longer than
                that. THAT's the annoying part; THAT's what people ***** about. If
                they'd sent me a notice claiming it would take 100 days so be it, at
                least I'd have a better idea of what was really happening.

                So please,
                when people have bad days, as we all do, just listen and offer support
                if possible. We should all be supporting each other; not resenting each
                other for some people having more luck than others. Now I know if I
                have *****ing to do about Vermont I'd better take it elsewhere lest I
                get met with such bitterness that I feel even worse than when I started.


                Originally posted by dave w
                Try waiting the same amount
                of time the people going through the TSC and NSC have to wait and then
                complain; you should be shouting for joy.


                --
                Posted via http://britishexpats.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  feel no hope Vermont, wake up!


                  Well, its kinda like when you are in the county jail on a major felony
                  charge and facing several years in prison, and they throw some guy in
                  your cell, and he is crying about having to do the weekend in jail for
                  being drunk. It makes you want to get up and beat the crap out of him.



                  Originally posted by buffalo24
                  This is something
                  that's been bothering me in this forum - the fact that anyone going
                  through VSC making the slightest complaint is met with things like "at
                  least you didn't have to go through NSC, etc..." That is ridiculous!
                  That's like telling people "well, why are you complaining about NSV
                  times, at least you didn't get denied," at least this, at least that -
                  it could go on and on. Isn't this forum supposed to be about supporting
                  each other and helping people find answers? I didn't think it was "oh,
                  you think your life is bad? Well, wait til you hear about mine!"Everyone gets depressed from time to time and they have a right to
                  complain just as much as anyone else.
                  The problem with Vermont is
                  that they give you a projected processing time; I expect that they
                  should be following it. I expect that each service center should be
                  doing that. Lately it doesn't seem like they're doing that - right now
                  just about every person I know of going through Vermont has exceeded or
                  will exceed the maximum processing time.
                  Everyone seems to be in
                  such awe about the VSC, and there's this attitude that one should just
                  be grateful to be a part of their jurisdiction. But they make mistakes
                  and slug just like any other SC - maybe not as long, but that's just how
                  it is. If it makes you feel any better they seem to take forever to
                  process RFEs.
                  If Vermont had sent me a notice telling me how long
                  it was really going to take, then I'd be better prepared to wait, and
                  I'm sure many others would too. But I guess for now they are still
                  claiming the short 30-45 days, even though it's apparent it is taking
                  longer than that. THAT's the annoying part; THAT's what people *****
                  about. If they'd sent me a notice claiming it would take 100 days so be
                  it, at least I'd have a better idea of what was really happening.So
                  please, when people have bad days, as we all do, just listen and offer
                  support if possible. We should all be supporting each other; not
                  resenting each other for some people having more luck than others. Now
                  I know if I have *****ing to do about Vermont I'd better take it
                  elsewhere lest I get met with such bitterness that I feel even worse
                  than when I started.


                  --
                  Posted via http://britishexpats.com

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    feel no hope Vermont, wake up!


                    Originally posted by 156thSt.
                    This feeling of dread and
                    sadness continues to weigh us down day after day. Ranting and raving am
                    I? Yes, he said.

                    Yo,
                    You gotta be patient! Pulling your hair
                    out will only cause you to become bald..... :-) I know you don't wanna
                    hear this but yes, you are one of those fortunate ones.... I guess...:-)
                    You've come to the right place but expecting symapthy or comfort from
                    some one that has waited in ecess of 200 days is likely not to come. My
                    NOA1 said 150-180 days not 45-60. I sympathize with you. Take care and
                    best of luck... :-)
                    1NOA 3-7-03 (NSC)
                    2NOA 9-26-03 (206 days)
                    NVC
                    APPROVED 10-10-03
                    Consulate 10-17-03
                    Police Check CLEARED 10-21-03

                    Medical Check HEALTHY AS A LAMB 11-12-03
                    Interview K-1 ISSUED 12-10-03

                    Arrived in the USA 2-8-04 (11 months 2 days from 1NOA)
                    Married 2-23-04

                    AOS Pkt will be filed in March 04


                    --
                    Posted via http://britishexpats.com

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      feel no hope Vermont, wake up!


                      Originally posted by dave w
                      Well, its kinda like when
                      you are in the county jail on a major felony charge and facing several
                      years in prison, and they throw some guy in your cell, and he is crying
                      about having to do the weekend in jail for being drunk. It makes you
                      want to get up and beat the crap out of him.

                      Speaking from
                      experience, dave?


                      --
                      Posted via http://britishexpats.com

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        feel no hope Vermont, wake up!

                        who cares?
                        not me


                        156thSt. <[email protected]_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
                        This feeling of dread and sadness continues to weigh us down day after day. This is such an ignorant system that you have no recourse, no way to find out just why an application gets held up. There is no equity in the way they are prepared. We re-sumbitted the **** form and have been waiting too long. Why? Because we progressed so far in to the procedure, gave them what they wanted, and now it seems we will have to wait the full time period again. It's obvious isn't it? But there is no way to talk with a living human and get a reasonable answer. This is my frustration and please don't tell me how quick Vermont is, if that were true, we'd have gotten notification. Now, I'm just waiting for someone to post a wise-*** remark, something which occurs regularly. Yes, I am pissed and have every right to be. $110.00 for what, for them to dangle us and arbitrarily advance some and make others wait. I imagine the Vermont office to be staffed by 5 people. One security office at the door, and four paper pushers. And another thing, this is just another form of Big Brother and big repuke-lican government doing what it does best, justifying someone a salary who is probably over-worked and under- supported. These systems get put into place, then are left to fend for themselves while people wait to live their lives. My Italian grandfather came through Ellis Island in 1906 and went through the system splendidly. It turns my stomach to think how any American system participating in this program now is treated without much dignity. I vote, pay taxes and work my *** off to eek out a living in a country whose money is losing value daily and we are expected to line up and take it. I will smile, rejoice and feel elation when this procedure comes to an end. Until then, I feel contempt, frustration and dis-trust until a lousy from is processed. The internet opened up all this traffic amongst many of us and it is barely used in the process. No particiaption is allowed in the process excpet by snail mail to send the payment and the forms. Have I complained enough? Not until it's over. My future bride is making ready to come across the Atlantic and we can't even discuss any plans, dates or any other details because we have to wait. Just try to hold up payment on something for any government and see how quickly they pounce on you. Ranting and raving am I? Yes, he said.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          feel no hope Vermont, wake up!


                          b24,

                          Perhaps the best solution to this problem would be to eliminate
                          the time estimate on the NOAs and the Status Online altogether. The SCs
                          don't know how long it's going to take, they can't know how long it's
                          going to take - that's the nature of the job.

                          Perhaps we'd all be best
                          off if the USCIS simply published the processing date reports, "this is
                          what we're working on now". That's the only real known at any given
                          point in time.

                          Regards, JEff

                          Originally posted by buffalo24
                          ... The problem with Vermont is that they give you a
                          projected processing time; I expect that they should be following it. I
                          expect that each service center should be doing that. Lately it doesn't
                          seem like they're doing that - right now just about every person I know
                          of going through Vermont has exceeded or will exceed the maximum
                          processing time.
                          .... If Vermont had sent me a notice telling
                          me how long it was really going to take, then I'd be better prepared to
                          wait, and I'm sure many others would too. But I guess for now they are
                          still claiming the short 30-45 days, even though it's apparent it is
                          taking longer than that. THAT's the annoying part; THAT's what people
                          ***** about. If they'd sent me a notice claiming it would take 100 days
                          so be it, at least I'd have a better idea of what was really happening.
                          ...


                          --
                          Of course, the Internet also tells us that hot naked women want to befriend us, so we can't be 100% sure about everything we read there. (Dave Barry)


                          Posted via http://britishexpats.com

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            feel no hope Vermont, wake up!


                            Originally posted by jeffreyhy
                            b24, Perhaps the
                            best solution to this problem would be to eliminate the time estimate on
                            the NOAs and the Status Online altogether. The SCs don't know how long
                            it's going to take, they can't know how long it's going to take - that's
                            the nature of the job.
                            Perhaps we'd all be best off if the USCIS
                            simply published the processing date reports, "this is what we're
                            working on now". That's the only real known at any given point in time.
                            Regards, JEff
                            Hi JEff,

                            I think that's a great idea, and
                            it would be more realistic as well. Then everyone would know an
                            approximate time frame for their own case, and be able to track it. I
                            also think it's silly to put totally arbitrary processing times on the
                            notices. It doesn't do anyone any good!

                            Rene


                            --
                            Posted via http://britishexpats.com

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              feel no hope Vermont, wake up!


                              Hi, I agree with Noorah, that is probably the best thing to do. Then it
                              would be more straightforward - and probably waste less time with people
                              getting congressional aides involved, which, as Mr. Udall pointed out in
                              another post, slows the SC down. Very true, it is the nature of the
                              job.

                              yes, the ability to check status online can drive you nuts,
                              especially given the fact that I work for an internet search engine and
                              am therefore online all day - too tempting

                              Kirsten


                              Originally posted by jeffreyhy
                              b24, Perhaps the
                              best solution to this problem would be to eliminate the time estimate on
                              the NOAs and the Status Online altogether. The SCs don't know how long
                              it's going to take, they can't know how long it's going to take - that's
                              the nature of the job.
                              Perhaps we'd all be best off if the USCIS
                              simply published the processing date reports, "this is what we're
                              working on now". That's the only real known at any given point in time.
                              Regards, JEff


                              --
                              Posted via http://britishexpats.com

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X