http://images.ucomics.com/comics/tra...rall031020.gif

**** the immigrants!

In reality the US is no longer an immigrant friendly country, as
    evidenced by the longer timeframes to process legal immigrants (almost
    2 years for AOS in many cases). So this debate is to some degree mute,
    I believe that while many immigranst are still being processed the
    flow will be significantly reduced. This is a shame because a lot of
    smart, capable people who really contriute to country, pay their way
    and pay lot's of taxes will not come to the US anymore.

For example, the US does not generate enough Electrical Engineers per
    year to match the requirements of the electronics industry, there is
    also a shortage of nurses and in many cases of teachers. Are we really
    better without them?

I do realize that many US born people are unemployed and that some
    foreigners are not, this does sound unfair to some, but the solution
    is not less immigrants but retraining and support for unemployed
    persons. How will having less foreign engineers or nurses help an
    unemployed mechanic or factory worker without retraining?

I believe in any case that the debate is healthy, but the xenophobia
    and hate displayed is not. Illegal immigrants are not all criminals
    (probably very few are), in most cases they are highly motivated
    workers because they really want to improve their situation. I am a
    strong proponent of immigration but accept the fact that people have
    other opinions.

Comment

**** the immigrants!

"Mayo" <[email protected]> wrote in message
      news:[email protected] om...
      In reality the US is no longer an immigrant friendly country, as evidenced by the longer timeframes to process legal immigrants (almost 2 years for AOS in many cases). So this debate is to some degree mute, I believe that while many immigranst are still being processed the flow will be significantly reduced. This is a shame because a lot of smart, capable people who really contriute to country, pay their way and pay lot's of taxes will not come to the US anymore. For example, the US does not generate enough Electrical Engineers per year to match the requirements of the electronics industry, there is also a shortage of nurses and in many cases of teachers. Are we really better without them? I do realize that many US born people are unemployed and that some foreigners are not, this does sound unfair to some, but the solution is not less immigrants but retraining and support for unemployed persons. How will having less foreign engineers or nurses help an unemployed mechanic or factory worker without retraining? I believe in any case that the debate is healthy, but the xenophobia and hate displayed is not. Illegal immigrants are not all criminals (probably very few are), in most cases they are highly motivated workers because they really want to improve their situation. I am a strong proponent of immigration but accept the fact that people have other opinions.
      well, you speak nonsense as I personally KNOW electrical engineers out of
      work due to H-1B visas! furthermore, my sister-in-law is an RN--she is out
      of work....why ? because the hospital laid her off and replaced with a
      foreign worker [much lower wages]

so screw the illegal immigrants and severely limit the legals---the country
      can only hold so much!

kitty

Comment

**** the immigrants!

"kitty" <[email protected]> wrote in message
        news:[email protected]
        "Mayo" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] om...
        In reality the US is no longer an immigrant friendly country, as evidenced by the longer timeframes to process legal immigrants (almost 2 years for AOS in many cases). So this debate is to some degree mute, I believe that while many immigranst are still being processed the flow will be significantly reduced. This is a shame because a lot of smart, capable people who really contriute to country, pay their way and pay lot's of taxes will not come to the US anymore. For example, the US does not generate enough Electrical Engineers per year to match the requirements of the electronics industry, there is also a shortage of nurses and in many cases of teachers. Are we really better without them? I do realize that many US born people are unemployed and that some foreigners are not, this does sound unfair to some, but the solution is not less immigrants but retraining and support for unemployed persons. How will having less foreign engineers or nurses help an unemployed mechanic or factory worker without retraining? I believe in any case that the debate is healthy, but the xenophobia and hate displayed is not. Illegal immigrants are not all criminals (probably very few are), in most cases they are highly motivated workers because they really want to improve their situation. I am a strong proponent of immigration but accept the fact that people have other opinions.
        well, you speak nonsense as I personally KNOW electrical engineers out of work due to H-1B visas! furthermore, my sister-in-law is an RN--she is out of work....why ? because the hospital laid her off and replaced with a foreign worker [much lower wages] so screw the illegal immigrants and severely limit the legals---the
        country
        can only hold so much! kitty
        The only people posting nonsense are Kitty I & II
        You just don't see the big picture. If you compare
        the density of people in the US with Europe or
        even China, you see we can hold more than
        2 Billion people - 10 times what we have now!
        So shut the F U C K up you idiots. You are
        absolutely clueless.

Comment

**** the immigrants!

"Andrew DeFaria" <[email protected]> wrote in message
          news:[email protected] ervers.com...
          Mayo wrote:
          In reality the US is no longer an immigrant friendly country, as evidenced by the longer timeframes to process legal immigrants (almost 2 years for AOS in many cases).
          WRT marriage based visas, the 2 years is codified into law specifically help stop fraudulent marriages. IOW unfriendly immigrants caused their own problem and we responded to protect ourselves.
          So this debate is to some degree mute, I believe that while many immigranst are still being processed the flow will be significantly reduced. This is a shame because a lot of smart, capable people who really contriute to country, pay their way and pay lot's of taxes will not come to the US anymore.
          The flow is still heavy though perhaps a bit slower. You see back in the day the US had unbounded good fortune and prosperty - the dot com boom - which has since subsided. Sure other countries also had booms and I bet their immigration picked up too. People tend to go where the money and/or opportunity is. So, for example, I doubt that Kenya's immigration inflow rose at all during these times.
          For example, the US does not generate enough Electrical Engineers per year to match the requirements of the electronics industry, there is also a shortage of nurses and in many cases of teachers. Are we really better without them?
          The shortage in teachers is due largely to the piss poor wages. Do we need to import EEs, teachers and nurses from other countries? Maybe. But to bring this back on topic - we don't need 'em if they will also break our laws.
          Wages are only one of the factors. The srewed up and
          expensive education system is another, in my opinion.
          Even aother factor is that most young Americans are
          just to lazy and not really motivated any more;
          just seeing some kind of a dating show on TV
          makes this very clear. An immigrant from India,
          21 years old, already holds a Ph. D. and behaves
          like an educated person - the American counter
          parts are standing at the bar and having alcohol
          poured down their throuts.
          I call that the new "Spirit of America".

I do realize that many US born people are unemployed and that some foreigners are not, this does sound unfair to some, but the solution is not less immigrants but retraining and support for unemployed persons. How will having less foreign engineers or nurses help an unemployed mechanic or factory worker without retraining? I believe most people are talking about not allowing illegal (everybody seems to miss that word) immigrants remain here illegally. Most people are not saying "we want less immigrants" rather they are saying "we want to illegal ones to leave".
          I believe in any case that the debate is healthy, but the xenophobia and hate displayed is not.
          What xenophobia and hate have I displayed? Only xenophobia and hate (though I wouldn't say hate) against people who do not respect our laws.
          Illegal immigrants are not all criminals (probably very few are),
          Bsst.. Wrong but thanks for trying. The very fact that the word "illegal" preceeds "immigrant" is significant (otherwise don't use the "illegal" qualifier!). By it's very presence is changes the definition to mean an immigrant who has broken the law. People that break the law are criminals, period! Why is it that you don't seem to see that?
          It's because we educated reader of this newsgroup know
          that you are only a criminal if you comit a crime. Being
          here illegally because somebody overstayed or worked
          illegally is NOT a crime under the law as outlined before.
          It is actually called "unlawfully present". So maybe
          you want to read up on the law and stop wondering.

in most cases they are highly motivated workers because they really want to improve their situation. I am a strong proponent of immigration but accept the fact that people have other opinions. I am a strong proponent of immigration too. I am, however, equally strongly against illegal immigration.
          Then change the stupid laws and make EVERY approval
          process happen within 90 days. I agree with a former
          opinion posted here, that you can hardly blame the
          illegal immigrant, or overstayed for trying to get it done faster.

Comment

**** the immigrants!

kitty wrote:
            well, you speak nonsense as I personally KNOW electrical engineers out of work due to H-1B visas! furthermore, my sister-in-law is an RN--she is out of work....why ? because the hospital laid her off and replaced with a foreign worker [much lower wages]
            And what did the government say when you sister-in-law filed the complaint?

Comment

**** the immigrants!

"mrtravel" <[email protected]> wrote in message
              news:[email protected] ..
              kitty wrote:
              well, you speak nonsense as I personally KNOW electrical engineers out
              of
              work due to H-1B visas! furthermore, my sister-in-law is an RN--she is
              out
              of work....why ? because the hospital laid her off and replaced with a foreign worker [much lower wages] And what did the government say when you sister-in-law filed the
              complaint?Just another simple education problem.

File a complaint? Why not go to school
              and earn the right to make more money
              by getting a better job afterwards?

Are you a union member or what?
              Only Americans can get jobs, even if
              the company has to overpay?

And consider this, maybe she just
              worked there for too long and because
              of the seniority, they had to pay her more.
              Why do it, if somebody can do the
              job, even if they haven't done it for years.

Circuit City recently fired everybody
              above a certain level of income and
              replaced them with fresh employees.

Blaming everything on immigrants becomes
              to convenient lately...

Comment

**** the immigrants!

Who Cares wrote:
                And what did the government say when you sister-in-law filed the
                complaint? Just another simple education problem. File a complaint? Why not go to school and earn the right to make more money by getting a better job afterwards?
                She's an RN...
                What education problem?
                The country needs nurses. She studied nursing.
                There are still shortages of nurses, so I am wondering why she lost her
                job... and I don't think it had anything to do with H1B.

Education and apptitude don't always go hand in hand. I have interviewed
                a few "degree qualified" Americans for high tech that were unsuitable
                for the job.

Comment

**** the immigrants!

Who Cares wrote:
                  Bsst.. Wrong but thanks for trying. The very fact that the word "illegal" preceeds "immigrant" is significant (otherwise don't use the "illegal" qualifier!). By it's very presence is changes the definitionto mean an immigrant who has broken the law. People that break the law are criminals, period! Why is it that you don't seem to see that?It's because we educated reader of this newsgroup know that you are only a criminal if you comit a crime. Being here illegally because somebody overstayed or worked illegally is NOT a crime under the law as outlined before. It is actually called "unlawfully present". So maybe you want to read up on the law and stop wondering.
                  You use the term "illegal" to refer to somebody who is here legally and
                  you're calling me stupid?!? The law is clear, if you obtain employment
                  while here on a vistor's visa you have broken the law. If you stay
                  longer than your visa allows you have broken the law. Technically you
                  should be removed from the country (i.e. punished) for breaking the law.
                  In my book that illegal and you have committed a crime. I'm not sure
                  what book you're reading from.
                  in most cases they are highly motivated workers because they really want to improve their situation. I am a strong proponent of immigration but accept the fact that people have other opinions.I am a strong proponent of immigration too. I am, however, equally strongly against illegal immigration.Then change the stupid laws and make EVERY approval process happen within 90 days.
                  Hey you're the one who wants the laws changes so have at it. At this
                  time the law does not favor your opinion.

I do agree that the process needs to be sped up. I do not agree that AOS
                  for family based visas should be shortened from the current 2 years.
                  I agree with a former opinion posted here, that you can hardly blame the illegal immigrant,
                  Why you certainly can and I do. Again "illegal" means they broke the
                  law. Hardly fair to people who are playing by the rules.
                  or overstayed for trying to get it done faster.
                  That doesn't even parse!
                  --
                  I used to work at a factory where they made hydrants; but you couldn't
                  park anywhere near the place.

Comment

**** the immigrants!

Andrew DeFaria wrote:

if you comit a crime. Being here illegally because somebody overstayed
                    or worked illegally is NOT a crime under the law as outlined before. It
                    is actually called "unlawfully present". So maybe you want to read up on
                    the law and stop wondering.
                    You use the term "illegal" to refer to somebody who is here legally and you're calling me stupid?!? The law is clear, if you obtain employment while here on a vistor's visa you have broken the law. If you stay longer than your visa allows you have broken the law. Technically you should be removed from the country (i.e. punished) for breaking the law. In my book that illegal and you have committed a crime.
                    Try the US Code. Believe it or not, it actually defines what is a crime.
                    Unlawfully present, is not a crime.

Comment

**** the immigrants!

The way you post messages makes you stupid.
                      What is it with this TABs?
                      You can't even post a message like a normal person.

And yes, illegals are breaking the law, but not criminal law.
                      Get it on your head already!

I am getting tired even looking at your %[email protected] HTML posts.

"Andrew DeFaria" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] ervers.com...
                      Who Cares wrote:

Bsst.. Wrong but thanks for trying. The very fact that the word "illegal" preceeds "immigrant" is significant (otherwise don't use the "illegal" qualifier!). By it's very presence is changes the definition
                      to mean an immigrant who has broken the law. People that break the law are criminals, period! Why is it that you don't seem to see that?
                      It's because we educated reader of this newsgroup know that you are only a criminal if you comit a crime. Being here illegally because somebody overstayed or worked illegally is NOT a crime under the law as outlined before. It is actually called "unlawfully present". So maybe you want to read up on the law and stop wondering.You use the term "illegal" to refer to somebody who is here legally and you're calling me stupid?!? The law is clear, if you obtain employment while here on a vistor's visa you have broken the law. If you stay longer than your visa allows you have broken the law. Technically you should be removed from the country (i.e. punished) for breaking the law. In my book that illegal and you have committed a crime. I'm not sure what book you're reading from.

in most cases they are highly motivated workers because they really want to improve their situation. I am a strong proponent of immigration but accept the fact that people have other opinions.
                      I am a strong proponent of immigration too. I am, however, equally strongly against illegal immigration.
                      Then change the stupid laws and make EVERY approval process happen within 90 days. Hey you're the one who wants the laws changes so have at it. At this time the law does not favor your opinion.

I do agree that the process needs to be sped up. I do not agree that AOS for family based visas should be shortened from the current 2 years.

I agree with a former opinion posted here, that you can hardly blame the illegal immigrant, Why you certainly can and I do. Again "illegal" means they broke the law. Hardly fair to people who are playing by the rules.

or overstayed for trying to get it done faster.That doesn't even parse!
                      --
                      I used to work at a factory where they made hydrants; but you couldn't park anywhere near the place.

Comment

**** the immigrants!

Who Cares wrote:
                        The way you post messages makes you stupid.
                        That's cool because what you actual post makes you look stupid.
                        What is it with this TABs?
                        What "tabs"?
                        You can't even post a message like a normal person.
                        My posting is fine. You can't seem to handle it. That makes you stupid -
                        not me.
                        And yes, illegals are breaking the law, but not criminal law. Get it on your head already!
                        If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's a duck. Anyway
                        you slice it the law says that are not supposed to be here. Call it
                        criminal, call it unlawful, call it what you like, it doesn't matter. Or
                        are you saying we should not respect the laws we have?

BTW if you look up the word crime you'll see:

1. An act committed or omitted in violation of a law forbidding or
                        commanding it and for which punishment is imposed upon conviction.
                        2. Unlawful activity: statistics relating to violent crime.
                        3. A serious offense, especially one in violation of morality.
                        4. An unjust, senseless, or disgraceful act or condition: It's a
                        crime to squander our country's natural resources.

Illegal immigrants violate our laws. Punishment (removal) is imposed
                        upon conviction. There activty is unlawful (this even covers the
                        "unlawfully present" phrase).
                        I am getting tired even looking at your %[email protected] HTML posts.
                        Killfile me if you want. I don't care.
                        --
                        I got a new shadow. I had to get rid of the other one -- it wasn't doing
                        what I was doing.

Comment

**** the immigrants!

Andrew DeFaria wrote:
                          If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's a duck. Anyway you slice it the law says that are not supposed to be here. Call it criminal, call it unlawful, call it what you like, it doesn't matter. Or are you saying we should not respect the laws we have?
                          No, he was saying the some laws are criminal and some aren't
                          BTW if you look up the word crime you'll see:
                          If you would bother look at the official document on Federal Law, you
                          will see that unlawful presence is not a criminal act. Have you ever
                          hear of the "US Code"?

Comment

**** the immigrants!

On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 20:23:32 -0800, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
                            And yes, illegals are breaking the law, but not criminal law. Get it on your head already!If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's a duck.
                            You can look somebody you respect in the face and say with a straight
                            face that you never, ever, broke any rule? Like going over the speed
                            limit? That's a duck, too... and there are quite a few of those ducks.

Comment

**** the immigrants!

Gerhard Fiedler wrote:
                              On Tue, 04 Nov 2003 20:23:32 -0800, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
                              And yes, illegals are breaking the law, but not criminal law. Get iton your head already!If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck then it's a duck.
                              You can look somebody you respect in the face and say with a straight face that you never, ever, broke any rule? Like going over the speed limit? That's a duck, too... and there are quite a few of those ducks.
                              And... neither speeding and unlawful presence are crimes.

Comment

Working...
                              X