Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warning - RANT by paulgani - do not read if you don't like his posts, because you won

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning - RANT by paulgani - do not read if you don't like his posts, because you won

I would just like to express my shock and disappointment in the attitudes
    of some of the members of this newsgroup towards immigration.

First, to the USC spouses:

I find it totally hypocritical that any of you could harbor negative
    attitudes towards immigration when you are the SINGLE LARGEST source of
    bringing immigrants to the U.S. That's right, a full 28% of all
    immigrants in FY2002 were your spouses, and that number jumps to 37% if
    you count the children of your spouses that came along. If you really
    believe immigrants are not good for America, then you should put your
    money where your mouth is, and marry an American.

Your excuses about fairness and processing times and doing things the
    right way are weak at best. Your spouses get to come to the U.S., and
    become full legal PERMANENT residents of the U.S., with all the rights and
    benefits thereof, without having to wait their turn in quota groups which
    can extend up to 20 years. ALL they have to do is wait for the length of
    time it takes to process their application. The proposed Bush "temporary
    worker law" ONLY provides aliens a TEMPORARY right to reside and work in
    the United States. They are NOT being granted the right to PERMANENTLY
    reside in the U.S. like your spouses. Indeed, the law, as proposed, would
    put them in the standard quota pools, which for unskilled workers, is
    running 15 YEARS! Even if this is changed, you can be certain that if
    these "temporary workers" want the benefits that your spouses are
    IMMEDIATELY and AUTOMATICALLY entitled to, they will have to put in their
    dues, most likely with years of working and/or large fines/penalties for
    those who entered illegally.

Now, to the immigrants:

Well, what can I say. You have some nerve opposing plans to bring more
    foreigners to the United States. Talk about the height of hypocrisy! As
    spouses of U.S. citizens, you have been granted the ability to become full
    U.S. citizens within 3 years, plus processing times. For this right, you
    were not required to do or contribute anything to the United States. You
    have been given a "free pass", and how dare you think that you somehow are
    more entitled to be here than others who ARE willing to give years of
    their lives, toiling in the worst jobs for paltry wages, just for a chance
    to get what you've been given for free!

Paulgani

Warning - RANT by paulgani - do not read if you don't like his posts, because you won

NICE! People don't realize actually how short the K1, K3, whatever wait
    actually is. Try to get into this country legally any other way and you
    will be waiting a lot longer.

--
    Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Comment

NICE! People don't realize actually how short the K1, K3, whatever wait
      actually is. Try to get into this country legally any other way and you
      will be waiting a lot longer.

--

Comment

Paul,

Considering also that the majority of US citizens don't have to go back
        more than a few generations, maybe 100 years or less, to find our own
        immigrant ancestors.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by Paul Gani

bringing immigrants to the U.S. ...
        Paulgani

--
        Of course, the Internet also tells us that hot naked women want to befriend us, so we can't be 100% sure about everything we read there. (Dave Barry)

Comment

Paul,

Considering also that the majority of US citizens don't have to go back
          more than a few generations, maybe 100 years or less, to find our own
          immigrant ancestors.

Regards, JEff

bringing immigrants to the U.S. ...
          Paulgani

--
          Of course, the Internet also tells us that hot naked women want to befriend us, so we can't be 100% sure about everything we read there. (Dave Barry)

Comment

I'm not sure who this is aimed at and I'm sure I'll get flamed for this
            but here goes............

I have complained very little about my process and have accepted it as
            fair enough for me.

I'm always shocked and disappointed when I get attacked, humiliated and
            demeaned for not being more political about immigration. I am not an
            immigration expert. I got drawn into this world after I met and fell
            in love with a foreigner. I don't hate immigrants, never have, never
            will. This particular newsgroup is for marriage based visas, why do
            you expect this particular group of people to care passionately about
            anything else. It's called free will. If they want to care, fine.
            But you can't shove it down people's throats. There are other
            newsgroups here that deal with the broader issues you are describing.
            When I go into those forum's I see a whole lot of anti-immigration and
            racist posts that make this NG look like the most liberal pro-
            immigration NG on the planet.

Sorry, but you are dealing, for the most part, with a bunch of goofy
            love struck fools who probably wouldn't even be here, much less care
            about immigration, if it didn't directly effect their little corner of
            the universe.

Leslie

Now, to the immigrants:

Paulgani

--

Comment

I'm not sure who this is aimed at and I'm sure I'll get flamed for this
              but here goes............

I have complained very little about my process and have accepted it as
              fair enough for me.

I'm always shocked and disappointed when I get attacked, humiliated and
              demeaned for not being more political about immigration. I am not an
              immigration expert. I got drawn into this world after I met and fell
              in love with a foreigner. I don't hate immigrants, never have, never
              will. This particular newsgroup is for marriage based visas, why do
              you expect this particular group of people to care passionately about
              anything else. It's called free will. If they want to care, fine.
              But you can't shove it down people's throats. There are other
              newsgroups here that deal with the broader issues you are describing.
              When I go into those forum's I see a whole lot of anti-immigration and
              racist posts that make this NG look like the most liberal pro-
              immigration NG on the planet.

Sorry, but you are dealing, for the most part, with a bunch of goofy
              love struck fools who probably wouldn't even be here, much less care
              about immigration, if it didn't directly effect their little corner of
              the universe.

Leslie

Now, to the immigrants:

Paulgani

--

Comment

Then I guess you are shocked and disappointed in over 43% of the US
                population who share those feelings.

Perhaps you are not taking into account that not everyone opposed to
                this proposal are opposed to immigration but opposed to paving an avenue
                that makes illegals legals while others have had to go through the
                system to get here.

Not everyone has to see life or economics the way you do. I recall you
                pointing that out to me many years ago.

Rita

--

Comment

Then I guess you are shocked and disappointed in over 43% of the US
                  population who share those feelings.

Perhaps you are not taking into account that not everyone opposed to
                  this proposal are opposed to immigration but opposed to paving an avenue
                  that makes illegals legals while others have had to go through the
                  system to get here.

Not everyone has to see life or economics the way you do. I recall you
                  pointing that out to me many years ago.

Rita

--

Comment

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
                    Paul,

Considering also that the majority of US citizens don't have to go back more than a few generations, maybe 100 years or less, to find our own immigrant ancestors.

Regards, JEff

Both my paternal grandparents and my mother and my husband migrated
                    legally? Your point is?

Rita

--

Comment

Originally posted by jeffreyhy
                      Paul,

Considering also that the majority of US citizens don't have to go back more than a few generations, maybe 100 years or less, to find our own immigrant ancestors.

Regards, JEff

Both my paternal grandparents and my mother and my husband migrated
                      legally? Your point is?

Rita

--

Comment

I would agree that I am also disappointed by these attitudes as well.
                        However you seem to be expressing a certain amount of resentment
                        yourself towards spousal immigrants. Are you suggesting that American
                        citizens should not have the privilege of bringing their spouses to the
                        United States? Personally I think the more intermarriage among the
                        citizens of the world, the better. It might help us realize we are first
                        and foremost citizens of the EARTH.

--

Comment

I would agree that I am also disappointed by these attitudes as well.
                          However you seem to be expressing a certain amount of resentment
                          yourself towards spousal immigrants. Are you suggesting that American
                          citizens should not have the privilege of bringing their spouses to the
                          United States? Personally I think the more intermarriage among the
                          citizens of the world, the better. It might help us realize we are first
                          and foremost citizens of the EARTH.

--

Comment

"Rete" <[email protected]_expats.com> wrote in message
                            news:[email protected]
                            Then I guess you are shocked and disappointed in over 43% of the US population who share those feelings.
                            Not at all. I was addressing the group defined by membership in this
                            newsgroup, not the general U.S. population. There are many valid reasons
                            why various interest groups in America would desire to limit immigration.
                            Indeed, I applaud their efforts to influence U.S. policy as much as I
                            applaud the efforts of the pro-immigrant groups. It is not only the rights
                            of advocacy bestowed to Americans that gives the U.S. government its
                            legitimacy, but also the fact that people and groups do indeed exercise
                            those rights in their desire to further their causes, whatever they may be.

However, just as I don't expect the general U.S. population to necessarily
                            have the same strong, pro-immigration stance that I advocate, I do find a
                            certain level of hypocrisy in anti-immigration beliefs among the group of
                            people who participate in this newsgroup.

Paulgani

Comment

"Rete" <member16[email protected]_expats.com> wrote in message
                              news:[email protected]
                              Then I guess you are shocked and disappointed in over 43% of the US population who share those feelings.
                              Not at all. I was addressing the group defined by membership in this
                              newsgroup, not the general U.S. population. There are many valid reasons
                              why various interest groups in America would desire to limit immigration.
                              Indeed, I applaud their efforts to influence U.S. policy as much as I
                              applaud the efforts of the pro-immigrant groups. It is not only the rights
                              of advocacy bestowed to Americans that gives the U.S. government its
                              legitimacy, but also the fact that people and groups do indeed exercise
                              those rights in their desire to further their causes, whatever they may be.

However, just as I don't expect the general U.S. population to necessarily
                              have the same strong, pro-immigration stance that I advocate, I do find a
                              certain level of hypocrisy in anti-immigration beliefs among the group of
                              people who participate in this newsgroup.

Paulgani

Comment

Working...
                              X