Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Beyond a reasonable doubt" visual/chart.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Beyond a reasonable doubt" visual/chart.

Some days back while watching a trial I saw a defense attorney show a
    chart to the jury. It was to illustrate the concept of 'burden of
    proof beyond a reasonable doubt'. Basically, the chart showed a man
    climbing up a flight of stairs with a burden of proof threshold
    written next to each step. Eg., scintilla of evidence - not
    guilty',......, 'preponderance of evidence - not guilty', 'proof
    beyond a reasonable doubt - guilty'. The aim of the chart being to
    convey the message that the burden of proof in a criminal case is very
    high. Anyone know where this chart could be obtained or any other
    interesting visual to illustrate the concept?

Thanks in advance.

"Beyond a reasonable doubt" visual/chart.

"HelpfulJoe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:d384dd12.0406231842[email protected] om...
    Some days back while watching a trial I saw a defense attorney show a chart to the jury. It was to illustrate the concept of 'burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt'. Basically, the chart showed a man climbing up a flight of stairs with a burden of proof threshold written next to each step. Eg., scintilla of evidence - not guilty',......, 'preponderance of evidence - not guilty', 'proof beyond a reasonable doubt - guilty'. The aim of the chart being to convey the message that the burden of proof in a criminal case is very high. Anyone know where this chart could be obtained or any other interesting visual to illustrate the concept?
    Do a google or make one yourself. And be sure to add 'clear and convincing
    evidence - not guilty' to it.

Comment

&quot;Beyond a reasonable doubt&quot; visual/chart.

"Zen Cohen" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
      "HelpfulJoe" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected] om...
      Some days back while watching a trial I saw a defense attorney show a chart to the jury. It was to illustrate the concept of 'burden of proof beyond a reasonable doubt'. Basically, the chart showed a man climbing up a flight of stairs with a burden of proof threshold written next to each step. Eg., scintilla of evidence - not guilty',......, 'preponderance of evidence - not guilty', 'proof beyond a reasonable doubt - guilty'. The aim of the chart being to convey the message that the burden of proof in a criminal case is very high. Anyone know where this chart could be obtained or any other interesting visual to illustrate the concept?
      Do a google or make one yourself. And be sure to add 'clear and convincing evidence - not guilty' to it.

Thanks. I guess I'll make something myself.

scintilla of evidence - not guilty
      clear and convincing evidence - not guilty
      preponderance of evidence - not guilty

Anything else...? The one I saw had quite a few others that I cannot recollect.

Comment

&quot;Beyond a reasonable doubt&quot; visual/chart.

"HelpfulJoe" <[email protected]> wrote in message
        news:[email protected] om...
        scintilla of evidence - not guilty clear and convincing evidence - not guilty preponderance of evidence - not guilty Anything else...? The one I saw had quite a few others that I cannot
        recollect.

Order should be scintilla, preponderance, clear and convincing. There are
        other possibilities but do you really need more than these to make a point?

Comment

Working...
        X