How about this one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about this one

I am a VERY slow typer due to having limited use of one hand. My problem is that after 10 or 15 minutes of trying to type a response with one hand to a posting, the cursor and what ever I've already typed starts to scroll uncontrollably upward on it's own and won't hold still which needless to say makes an already difficult task nearly imposable.
    I'd try my other computer to see if the samething happens, but most times as not I can't even get the forum listings to load and I give up.
    I've had no problems at all until y'all went to the new server,
    since then it's been one thing after another.
    Any ideas as why this is happening?

BTW, the other day I got an email from this outfit wanting to know if I'd care to fill out a survey on how LLT is doing. Is it legit?
    So far, I don't think I'd have many good things to say....

I will add that I am still not getting email notification to subscribe threads
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

I know the process is going a little slow because of the programmer, he should be fixing the issues. To drruthless, do you have a wireless mouse? If that is the case you might need to change the battery cause that happens to me when using that type of mouse. Do you have your mouse on a mouse pad? This issue just seems to be the mouse just from my experience on the issue, even at work. I am contacting the programmer today about our issues with the forum and hopefully I can get a response back today with good news.

Comment

Wandering mouse?

No, I have just a regular ol mouse sitting on a regular ol mouse pad.
        If it wasn't so maddening it would be comical, here I am trying to set the cursor and start typing before it all starts to flip upward out of sight. It kinda reminds me like looking at a slot machine after a while.
        I guess one work around would be to use word pad, spell check it and then copy and past to the response box giving it no chance to flip out eh?
        Anyway, sorry to be a pest, I like to figure these thing out on my own but this time I'm way out of my league.

..________________
        ~ Helping rid the world of stupidity,
        …starting with my own.

Comment

testing

this is a test to check the subscribed threads are working.

Comment

Changes have been made and issues have been fixed but I can't think of any other reason why your mouse is doing that. Email's for private messages, new post's are working still trying to gather information about subscribed threads to see if there working.

Comment

Works on this end I just email notification of your post
              thanks
              http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

I just started getting notifications today!!!! HAPPY HAPPY!

The chances are it is not your mouse. I have all kinds of mysterious buttons on my keyboard that start things moving when I bump them. I need a teenager to explain them to me.

I hit the "moon" the other night, and shut everything down

Comment

As of today, I am getting notifications. Thanks.
                  Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Yeah!

I'm slower than the second coming, and the mouse ain't been misbehavein...

( yet )...

.._______________
                    ~ YOU know you need a different Lawyer when during your initial consultation,
                    he tries to sell you Amway
                    Last edited by drruthless; 01-18-2012, 05:33 PM.

Comment

I like the revised look and feel. Everything now fits on one screen. And I note that we are actually starting to get a signficant number of posts each day.
                      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
                      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Originally posted by DAW View Post
                        I like the revised look and feel. Everything now fits on one screen. And I note that we are actually starting to get a signficant number of posts each day.
                        Things are starting to look up.
                        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
                          Things are starting to look up.
                          Yup, looks like things are back to normal.

...I just found a spamer..

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by GotSmart View Post
                            I just started getting notifications today!!!! HAPPY HAPPY!

The chances are it is not your mouse. I have all kinds of mysterious buttons on my keyboard that start things moving when I bump them. I need a teenager to explain them to me.

I hit the "moon" the other night, and shut everything down
                            You gotta "hot-key" for that?...

Comment

Originally posted by drruthless View Post
                              ...I just found a spamer..
                              Got the spammer!

Comment

Working...
                              X