This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no problems currently either. Betty3 12-7 9:50am cst
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

drruthless, can you test the site in either Google Chrome and Firefox to see if you have the same issues? If you see any problem with the site, please post a screen shot. Thanks!

Comment

Das ist in der Doktor!

Thanks for looking into it for me, Iíll get back to you in a couple of days. Iíll try installing Google Chrome and see what happens, It wouldnít surprise me that my problems are due to the fact Iím still using IE 6. I knew this day was bound to come.
        Iíve tried installing IE 7 but this tired old confuser just ground to a halt, kinda like me on a bad day, not enough memory and not enough speed!
        Other than that, I like the way this is set up.
        .._________________
        ~ You know you need a different Lawyer when during your initial consultation,
        he tries to sell you Amway

Comment

I use both Chrome and Firefox (because sometimes Chrome takes a hissy fit - always good to have a backup!), and I'm having no problems with the site as of this evening, 12/8/11.

Comment

No problems either as of 12-8 10:25am cst
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

What's up Doc

I'm using my nephews computer with a little better results, although it takes longer than the second coming before all the little box things fill up.
              We'll see how it goes...
              :_________________
              Hummm, spoke a little too soon, if I go to the forum listing's all that loads are the ad banners then it shows done, with a little effort though, I can manage to get where I want,
              ... eventually.

.._________________
              ~ You know you need a different Lawyer when during your initial consultation,
              he tries to sell you Amway
              Last edited by drruthless; 12-13-2011, 03:46 AM.

Comment

I stayed away from the site for a while, hoping all the problems would get cleared up. Now it looks okay at first: the ads in the posts are gone, as are the scroll bars in the posts.
                But I get a problem when I reply to a thread (like I'm doing now). All the buttons above where I'm typing are grayed-out, and I don't know what they are until I click on them. No words or even icons, except font and size, which took a long time to actually show up. Some tell me what they are when I hover the cursor over them. But they are essentially just white/gray boxes.

And no, I do not want to, nor am I able to, use another internet browser. We have Explorer here at work, and that's what I have at home. Most of the world has Explorer, and I kind of think the site should work for all browsers, especially the most commonly used ones.
                Last edited by TSCompliance; 12-15-2011, 07:18 AM.

Comment

TSCompliance
                  I stayed away from the site for a while, hoping all the problems would get cleared up. Now it looks okay at first: the ads in the posts are gone, as are the scroll bars in the posts.
                  But I get a problem when I reply to a thread (like I'm doing now). All the buttons above where I'm typing are grayed-out, and I don't know what they are until I click on them. No words or even icons, except font and size, which took a long time to actually show up. Some tell me what they are when I hover the cursor over them. But they are essentially just white/gray boxes.

And no, I do not want to, nor am I able to, use another internet browser. We have Explorer here at work, and that's what I have at home. Most of the world has Explorer, and I kind of think the site should work for all browsers, especially the most commonly used ones.
                  Ditto on that, I feel a little better knowing that it's not just me that experiencing these problems.

As for myself, using a different INTERNET browser is not really a viable solution, my computer is just about stretched to its limits.
                  I know a lot of web sites no longer the use of IE 6 but I'm still having problems despite the computer I'm using at the present has IE 7 as it's browser and I'm still experiencing problems just of a different nature.
                  Something else I've noticed, and it could just be the time of the year, but it seems like there are far fewer new postings since the switch, maybe?
                  To me that would suggest fewer people are looking at the ads.

At the moment the scroll funtion it jumping around so much its nearly impossable to finish typing a line

SOMETHING IS STILL NOT RIGHT !........!!

Comment

I'm having the issue that TS describes.
                    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I have the same "problem"/issue also.

Comment

trying to upload/attach a screenshot here...
                        It should show how all the options above where I type my post are blank or greyed-out.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Hey, on the brighter side, I just uploaded an attachment, something I've never been able to do on LLT!

Comment

Somewhat similar problems for me. Replies are very slow when they work and often do not work at all.

Number of original posts was way down prior to the system going wonky. While the troubles has likely made things worse, the overall wonkiness is likely not the entire cause of the low posting volume.

I will say that having to maintain a separate browser for the sole purpose of visiting this website is a non-starter. Especially with the posting volume so low currently on this website. If we were looking at the old posting volumes then reducing the amount of time spent per post would be a big deal. Now, not so much.
                            "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
                            Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Working...
                            X