This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site Status Update 11/29/2011

Below are a list of changes that we have applied to the site.
    1. As of 11/29/2011 4PM (PST Time), we have upgraded the site to the latest version of Vbulletin 4.1.8
    2. We moved the site to a different server as well to increase the speed and protection of LaborLawTalk.com. If the speed of the site is slower than before, please post it here so we can get this fixed as well.
    3. Most of the posts from 11/16 thru today are gone because our site was hacked. We had to remove most of the code that the hacker placed onto our posts/threads.

We have gone through full measures to ensure the security of the website, data, and to offer our users the most secure user-experience. We will continually monitor the security of the website and if there are any more updates, I will continue to post it on this forum.

We appreciate all of your help on this.

Thanks!
    Tom

Cannot currently edit & save or delete a post. A poster noted they could
    not edit & save so I tried it.

(Sending PM to admin. also)
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
      Cannot currently edit & save or delete a post. A poster noted they could
      not edit & save so I tried it.

(Sending PM to admin. also)
      Thank you for letting us know about this issue, we are currently looking into it and hope to have this resolved very soon. We appreciate everyone's patience while we make this transition. In the mean time if any other errors are noticed please don't hesitate to let us know about them.

Thank you,
      Chris

Comment

I have had at least one post made after the move to the new server disappear. Are the posts (or more likely their data base records) being numbered when issued, and if so, can you folks run an audit report looking for breaks in the sequence that have occured since the new server has been in use?
        "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
        Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Yesterday I didn't see any ads at all, not in the first posts of a thread, and not even at the top of the main page. Today I get "the web page cannot be found" where the ads were. So the first post in each thread is messed up, not by an ad, but by an apparent blocked ad.

Oh, and now every post has vertical and horizontal scroll bars, so I can't see the entire post unless I scroll around.

Comment

As of 8:15 East Coast time, I still see the blocked ad, but not scroll bars.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

I currently see the scroll bars. 7:39pm cst
              Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

As of 9am EST, I see the blocked ad in the first post but not the scroll bars.

Comment

I still see scroll bars. 11:14am cst 12-2

Comment

Blocked ads in first post, scroll bars in all posts, complete ads at top of page. 5pm EST.

Comment

New updates to the site.

1. Cannot edit and save threads. This is now fixed.
                      2. Canít see the members who are currently on the forum. This is now fixed.

We are still working on other issues below.
                      1. Blocked ads in first post, scroll bars in all posts, complete ads at top of page.
                      2. Cleaning the threads.
                      3. To answer DAW question, we are trying to review the database records and make sure that everything is clean.

Thanks!

Comment

Thank you for the update.

Comment

Something is still not right. Grrrr! or is it just me ??

Forum will not load until you log in.
                          Then you have to jump threw all kinds of hoops before the forum categories finally show up.
                          Things take a ridiculous amount of time to load!
                          Whatís up??
                          If this the "new" look, I will be looking elsewhere!

Comment

drruthless, I will send a PM to RonaldG re your problems with the
                            forum though he or another member of admin. may see them here.

I can currently get in w/o logging in & can currently see all forums
                            ok. It's 3:20am cst & I am logging off. I will see if I have any
                            problems with forum when I log back in later today.

Betty3 12-7 3:20am cst

Comment

It may be just you, dr, because I didn't have that problem either.
                              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
                              X