Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do the first posts in a thread have ads in them???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can currently see the drug forum threads again.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

After I click to call up the new threads, I see the Tramadol ads now BELOW the list of threads that have been added to since my last visit. In THIS thread, I see some of the labor poster and Ask-A-Lawyer ads that normally would be ABOVE the list of threads.
      The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by TSCompliance View Post
        I sent Ron a screen shot of what it looks like to us, but when he looks at the site, he doesn't see the ads within the posts. His only suggestion is to upgrade our browsers to Google Chrome. But since most of us are at work and dependent on an IT dept for stuff like that, I guess we'll just have to put up with it. Our system is set up so that non-IT people can't download any programs/applications.

I sure hope LLT is making more money now, with more screen space now devoted to ads. Otherwise all it's accomplishing is annoying the users.
        To this I did figure out why I don't see them and that is because I have a ad blocker on my computer, I have sent this to the programmer and hopefully soon I'll have a answer.

Comment

Again, I can't see the drug forum threads. When I click on drugs, I get ads. Betty3
          Sat. 11-12 4:48pm cst
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Ron, as per your e-mail, the change you made again brought back the drug forum
            again - for now anyway. Thanks. Betty3 Sun. 11-13 2:07am cst

Comment

Aaaaah, So, I guess the question that begs to be asked, is having ads attached to the first post is going to be the,
              “new” normal?

..____________________
              ~ Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority,
              and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that
              it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end. ~ unknown

Comment

Sure. Until/unless they can come up with something worse.
                "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
                Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Honestly I dont see how anyone with even the slightest awareness of forums will think the ads belong to user. Furthermore the site we freely post on needs a source of income these ads are that income. As users of this site we can choose to accept this or move on
                  http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

I think the question is whether or not these are legit advertisers who have paid the advertising rates, or whether they are the result of some hacker/spammer who has found their way into the site.
                    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

If we are talking about the original question (the ads appearing right next to the original posting), everytime the screen paints it goes over to the GoogleAds website, who is likely managing the ads on this website with the permission of the site owners. There is also a routing through DoubleClick.net which is a common advertising site used to track displays of ads. There is also something happening which (most of the time) stops the backspace key on IE from working correctly, something apparently specific to the LaborLawTalk website. Something that up until several weeks ago was not occuring on this website. Presumably something GoogleAds puts in to stop people from easily avoiding the ads. These actions all routinely "paint" in prior to the content of LaborLawTalk from being accessed. Presumably all with LaborLawTalk's direct or indirect approval.

I did not bother to run down the missing drug forum postings, but if that is being done by GoogleAds, it is probably a mistake. So possibly a hack of some type, albeit a strange one.
                      "Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away".
                      Philip K. **** (1928-1982)

Comment

Unusual things happening recently that didn't happen previously.

Comment

Originally posted by cbg View Post
                          I think the question is whether or not these are legit advertisers who have paid the advertising rates, or whether they are the result of some hacker/spammer who has found their way into the site.
                          Yes, thank you cbg, that was my question
                          I certainly understand the need to pay the light bill.
                          I'd like to have an ad blocker on my computer too,
                          but I’m forced to use old school technology, called,
                          tunnel vision..
                          ..__________________
                          ~ You know you’re having a bad day when you’ve poured yourself a bowl of cereal and when you come back with the milk,
                          … the raisins have moved.

Comment

Working...
                          X