This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stick to your state law Ohio

I think a new rule needs to be made~if the law does not pertain to the state you are living in, PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THE THREAD. We all know laws differ from state to state and when I ask a question pertaining to OHIO, I do NOT want OPINIONS from other people that live in other states that their cousin's friend from Indiana who has a sister that lives in Texas said "blah, blah, blah". If you DO NOT HAVE AN ANSWER, your opinion is not required.......We are here looking for ANSWERS, not opinions.

Thank you.

Its free advice you get what you pay for. Your best advice comes from your Attorney not unknown people on message boards, your neighbors, friends, family. Police or, your dog! Whatever thread your referrring to I presume the person was stateing what happens in their state so you could use that as reference. If your not concerned then google the statutes yourself its not difficult. www.google.com
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Stick to your state law Ohio

the thread I was referring to was just a couple of people from a different state RANTING, one from Michigan stating that NO COURT IN MICHIGAN WAS GOING TO TEL HIM WHAT HE'S GOING TO DO IN HIS OWN HOME. And another from Arkansas stating that she would tell anyone to kick the curb in her home regardless of what her husband says. Those are just rants and not solutions to problems and should not be wasting time of other people. The purpose of the boards is to find solutions that other people may have encountered the same problem in the SAME state...not just opinions of one woman who has a pansy for a husband and a Michigan militant that wants to rule vigilante style....

Just stick to your state and only respond if you actually have encountered the situation and how it was handled....that's all I'm asking...everyone else can go to MySpace or Facebook or AOL boards for their arguing...

Comment

If you feel a post is in violation of the sites "terms of service" report the post to moderators. As you were told on other thread you are not a moderator. Yuo roptions are simple ignore the post, report it or, move to another site
        http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

So your contention is that it is impossible for anyone to know the law for any state but their own?

My, my, the lawyers who are licensed in multiple states, or the individuals who know aspects of the law because of their employment with multi-state companies, will be very surprised to hear that.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Stick to your state

Absolutely not my contention....Insurance laws vary from state to state, as a licensed agent, I know the laws in Ohio, that's it, I wouldn't go quoting rates or laws from other states... IF you are an attorney that knows the law in other states, that's one thing..if you're just some blowhard giving opinions and not FACTS, that's just nonsense and wasting everyone's time. Basically, if you don't know what you're talking about and are just looking for conversation, go to Facebook, MyYearbook or MySpace or Yahoo personals, all kinds of chat rooms available for those people..people come to these boards looking for genuine advice.....

I got my answer I was looking for from an Ohio attorney, posted it on the thread and that is the end of that story. I posted FACTS..not just a rant that NOBODY IN OHIO IS GOING TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO IN MY OWN HOUSE...nobody needs that kind of advice.

Comment

Originally posted by italia9923 View Post
              Absolutely not my contention....Insurance laws vary from state to state, as a licensed agent, I know the laws in Ohio, that's it, I wouldn't go quoting rates or laws from other states... IF you are an attorney that knows the law in other states, that's one thing..if you're just some blowhard giving opinions and not FACTS, that's just nonsense and wasting everyone's time. Basically, if you don't know what you're talking about and are just looking for conversation, go to Facebook, MyYearbook or MySpace or Yahoo personals, all kinds of chat rooms available for those people..people come to these boards looking for genuine advice.....

I got my answer I was looking for from an Ohio attorney, posted it on the thread and that is the end of that story. I posted FACTS..not just a rant that NOBODY IN OHIO IS GOING TO TELL ME WHAT TO DO IN MY OWN HOUSE...nobody needs that kind of advice.
              As opposed to this very necessary ranting thread? Oh.
              Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

What?

Originally posted by panther10758 View Post
                If you feel a post is in violation of the sites "terms of service" report the post to moderators. As you were told on other thread you are not a moderator. Yuo roptions are simple ignore the post, report it or, move to another site

I guess I would like to report this woman for calling my "hypothetical" husband a pansy. She doesn't know him and has no personal right to say rude things about him, heck I don't even know him!
                Don't hate me because I'm __________.

Comment

Working...
                X